1down5up

NYPD, Feds Testing Gun-Scanning Technology

The gun print image is caused by it blocking the body heat from coming thru in the image, ways around this, carry gun off body, carry bag, etc, also wet suit material as well as reflective metallic survival blanket material will interfer with this, also carrying gun with many other items which block image will break up outline, examples which defeat total xray machines from vehicles include carrying gun in toolbox mixed in with tools to break up outline.

The GPS Decision by Scotus may have an impact on this...That's TWICE the court has stated that if you are using technology to accomplish a task that you can't do manually (for whatever reason), you need a Warrant to do so. The other one was the use of Thermal Imaging to detect grow houses.

The GPS Decision by Scotus may have an impact on this...That's TWICE the court has stated that if you are using technology to accomplish a task that you can't do manually (for whatever reason), you need a Warrant to do so. The other one was the use of Thermal Imaging to detect grow houses.

But these things that are illegal don't apply to law enforcement and government agencies. I mean sure, they are suppose to, but in reality...well, we all know how it works. Accountability doesn't exist to those who have power and authority.

• Like 1

But these things that are illegal don't apply to law enforcement and government agencies. I mean sure, they are suppose to, but in reality...well, we all know how it works. Accountability doesn't exist to those who have power and authority.

Whatever you say sport........ :rolleyes:

Wow..that is quite a generalization about law enforcement. Quite ignorant as well. But you think however you want. Why ont you elaborate on this grand theory that we " all know" how it works

This thing is a variation on STTW (see thru the wall) radar that's been around for about 6-7 years in DoD land. Been getting refined on the taxpayer's dime for awhile now, was originally intended to see if bad guys were on the other side of a wall in places like Fallujah. I am guessing there's not much of a market for these things anymore, what with one war down & the other slated to start winding down in time for Obama to claim he is getting us out of Afghanistan. Seems like NYC PD is the only one who could afford such a thing, provided they get a generous grant from DHS, of course. Seems like spin by Ray Kelly to make that happen, making it mesh nicely with Bloomies crusade against guns.

:rolleyes:

you cannot use blanket statemets like this, because the ones that follow the rules and are held accountable take offense. it is clear that you are correct that accountability does not exist for all that have power and authority. Just look at Obama and Bush spitting on the U.S. Constitution over the past decade. Low level cops and 911 operators are held accountable. You have to make it up the ranks to Tony Bologne status before your innapropriate use of authority and power is ok.

Accountability absolutely exists, but the things for which a law enforcement officer might be potentially held "accountable" are hopelessly a** backwards. The NYPD leadership doesn't get called out enough for their treatment of 2nd amendment rights & the rights of law abiding citizens, but just about any altercation between an NYPD officer and someone doing something blatantly illegal will usually end with one or more "community leaders" calling for the officer's job and/or ruining their lives in a variety of unjustified ways [usually with the full support of the Mayor's office].

you cannot use blanket statemets like this, because the ones that follow the rules and are held accountable take offense. it is clear that you are correct that accountability does not exist for all that have power and authority. Just look at Obama and Bush spitting on the U.S. Constitution over the past decade. Low level cops and 911 operators are held accountable. You have to make it up the ranks to Tony Bologne status before your innapropriate use of authority and power is ok.

You are right. I shouldn't have been more specific. I was however, trying to illustrate a point, and I see you understand that point. I suppose I could have phrased it better and may not have done the best job in my post.

Accountability absolutely exists, but the things for which a law enforcement officer might be potentially held "accountable" are hopelessly a** backwards. The NYPD leadership doesn't get called out enough for their treatment of 2nd amendment rights & the rights of law abiding citizens, but just about any altercation between an NYPD officer and someone doing something blatantly illegal will usually end with one or more "community leaders" calling for the officer's job and/or ruining their lives in a variety of unjustified ways [usually with the full support of the Mayor's office]

Agreed also. You guys are doing a better job of explaining it than I did. I meant to show, that it is darn near impossible, to both be the one tasked with holding people accountable, and be held accountable yourself. It is not necessarily indicative of individuals, but rather the system itself, and how people act in these roles.

I just want to say - whether it be traffic stops, fender benders, or going into the police station - I have never come away feeling I've been treated badly or impolitely.

I have on the other hand seen a police officer remark to a district prosecutor of a witness in which a young man was defending a DUI, "ok HE"S the boyfriend". So that's about one asshole comment in dozens of encounters. No concerns here.

G