ZOMBIE

Big Thanks to j0n and Tom from nj2as

I just wanted to say thank you to j0n and Tom for your help with my local pd and the paperwork they were asking me to sign. :drinks:

The back story....

I went to my local pd to pick up the forms for my pp. I was planning on applying for 3 permits. When I put the little 3 in the box the officer told me I was only allowed to apply for 1 permit at a time and would have to come back 30 days after the first permit was issued to reapply for my next permit.

I came home and logged onto chat and see if this is indeed the case where j0n pointed me in the right direction with the approriate document to show my local pd that they cannot limit the amount of permits that I can apply for at one time.

I also noticed that along with the application for my pp and the mental health check form they were asking me to give them permission to check for any child support, past restraining orders, and to show my original birth certificate. That is when I contacted Tom.

He very quickly told me that they were not allowed to add any documents besides the documents required in 2C:58-3f. I brought all the documents with me along with my permit papers. After a brief meeting with my local cheif and a phone call to the njsp the other documents were removed from the application process and I was allowed to apply for all my permits at once.

Once again thanks alot guys. The information on this forum is amazing and seeing something regarding guns in this state change so quick was a great feeling. I understand this is no big win by anymeans but I am very happy with the outcome.

:good:

• Like 6

They are going to be changing to follow the law as its written and not include what they feel is needed. The overall mood I got from the chief is he wasn't to happy. He treated me as a kid when I first brought up my concerns with him but once it was clear I knew what I was talking about he really started listening. After the call to njsp he said he must have misunderstood what was written and he apologized.

• Like 3

Good to hear. An email to the Chief may be in order thanking him for doing the right thing. I think we will start seeing this more and more as people start to stand up for themselves. It cannot hurt to ask for a meeting with the Chief armed with the same information you brought to any town that is doing this. I believe the Police are on our side, but over the years, different leaders have added whatever they wanted and they have stuck!

• Like 2

Good to hear. An email to the Chief may be in order thanking him for doing the right thing. I think we will start seeing this more and more as people start to stand up for themselves. It cannot hurt to ask for a meeting with the Chief armed with the same information you brought to any town that is doing this. I believe the Police are on our side, but over the years, different leaders have added whatever they wanted and they have stuck!

+1

Once again thanks alot guys. The information on this forum is amazing and seeing something regarding guns in this state change so quick was a great feeling. I understand this is no big win by anymeans but I am very happy with the outcome.

:good:

In this shiithole of a state, any win is a big win. Glad it worked out for you.