RAL1979

FYI Cherry Ridge Pistol Range Closed This Week

Right right right and so is CJRPC too. Give me a fawking break. If the idiots at ANJRPC pulled their panties out of a wad they might actually get something done. It's pretty pathetic that I hear about news on this forum at a minimum of 12 hours before I even get an email from ANJRPC that is suppose to be the NRA force of NJ. Yeah they are doing their job. And we are now paying a President 150k a year and we still can't get information updated in a timely manner.

Keep drinking the koolaid that ANJRPC feeds you

ARE youkidding!!! Thats crazy!!! I dont recall seeing that in any of the newsletters. I do remember lots of congrats and back slapping for Scott B but really $150,000!

Kidding , of course we all know about it, just another example of....oh never mind.

Just so that you guys are aware, CR is on Trenton's "radar." They would love nothing more than to find some excuse to shut it down.

CR is not unique or special in this regard. I'm sorry, but anti-gun politicians vision isn't based on movement and just hoping to slide by and go unnoticed would be a pretty weak willed strategy that essentially plays into their biased perception that we're doing something "wrong" by existing.

Also, if that's really the ANJRPC approach to protecting the range, I'd find their dedication to being a 2nd amendment advocacy group questionable.

Right right right and so is CJRPC too. Give me a fawking break. If the idiots at ANJRPC pulled their panties out of a wad they might actually get something done. It's pretty pathetic that I hear about news on this forum at a minimum of 12 hours before I even get an email from ANJRPC that is suppose to be the NRA force of NJ. Yeah they are doing their job. And we are now paying a President 150k a year and we still can't get information updated in a timely manner.

Keep drinking the koolaid that ANJRPC feeds you

Dear Matt and Kurt,posting and re posting a baseless salary over and over again will not solve any thing,Do you have physical proof ?,or is this a matter of I read it on the Internet so it must be true. Personally you have lost credibility with me.I am sure you care about that as much as I give a sh!t what Your salary is. or Scott's for that mater.

Scott's current position has been talked about long before you became a member and he is just your aim point.

I am sure his salary is on par with any other organization as large as ANJRPC. Scott does may things for us on all

levels to help our 2a cause some are reported most are not.

The annually board meeting is open to all,yes it was in Clark was held on a Saturday, the date and times were published in news and briefs,and an email blast was sent to all members.did you expect a certified letter?

Please present facts,not roomers and speculation

P.S. I like ANJRPC coffee, not cool aid

Considering I've heard it straight from people on the board and several people closely connected with the board I would argue to say his salary is pretty much spot on if not exact.

Once again I don't really give a shit what they pay whoever but the fact that everything ANJRPC does is behind closed does leads to the fact that no one likes what they are doing. Clearly I'm not the minority here, a lot of people are upset with the way they run this. Everything is hush hush, lets not tell anyone what is going on etc.

There is no reason that a club should have closed door sessions for their meetings. If you were to take a look at CJRPC which is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more successful as far as running a range standpoint, they actually encourage members to come to their meetings. In fact if you go to meetings you get a discount off of your membership.

So lets see we have Cherry ridge which is a run down crap hole, with everything falling apart, the archery range is a joke I wouldn't even call it a range, the silo range is non existant IMO, there are no pits, you can only shoot paper and there are no trap houses.

Now lets look at CJRPC, they have about 20 pits, 200/300 yard range, 100 yard range, pistol range, an indoor pistol range, several trap and skeet houses, and they stay up to date on their lead remediation along with continually buying property surrounding their property among many other things.

I don't know, clearly Cherry Ridge must be doing the right thing because the proof is in the pudding as they say :facepalm:

The facts are right there in front of you. The board consists of people 80 years and up, they go to the meetings with freaking tubberware containers to take food home with them because that's all they are going for, and they aren't willing to make changes because they are stuck in the 1960's instead of 2012. Anyone that things taking the blind eye to problems currently are Cherry Ridge are silly and they are only going to eventually catch up with you. The fact that they haven't done anything to address the problem of open water and lead going into the water is laughable. The only plan CR has is to continue with their head down and when the state comes after them, they will go, we give up.

GREAT PLAN

Like I said for 90% of the sheep that use CR they don't care. They will shoot for a year two years, get burned out and not renew their membership. But when you start driving your core group of guys away that's when it becomes a problem.

Like I said, whether I'm still in NJ or not when my membership comes up for renewal, I won't be renewing. And I know of a handful of people that feel the same way. It's pretty bad when people are willing to drive an 1-1/2 to go to a range in PA than drive 30 minutes to a range in their own state. Once again, what more proof do you need.

• Like 1

Scott's current position has been talked about long before you became a member and he is just your aim point.

I am sure his salary is on par with any other organization as large as ANJRPC. Scott does may things for us on all

levels to help our 2a cause some are reported most are not.

So very true and so under-appreciated. I have no problems with his salary. Good luck finding an attorney of his caliber at that price.

Scott's 150k salary for his work with ANJRPC is well known to be factual. If it were not, the board member that used to be a member here would have mentioned that the salary was incorrect.

I'd like to point out that Scott still maintains his law practice, he has not closed his doors, ANJRPC may be his "full time job" but his law practice is still active and I'm sure he's drawing a salary there as well. With that in perspective, do you feel that Scott is in touch with 99% of the ANJRPC members? Do you feel any of the rest of the board even gives a rats az about the 99% of the membership?

ANJRPC has been poorly run for at least the last decade. The visible symptoms were "membership issues" and "range upkeep". I wonder what other things have happened that we had absolutely no clue about...

• Like 1

Please present facts,not roomers and speculation

Facts from where exactly?

Rumors and speculation have exponentially greater sticking power when leadership is disinterested in [if not directly opposed] to openly communicating with the membership they [theoretically] act on behalf of. I wouldn't disagree that discussion of Bach's salary is something of a tanget and I know you're inclined to label discussions like this one as unhelpful, but what does it say about official ANJRPC communication when "pointless bitching" threads are more effective at keeping everyone up to date than the official "newsletter" or website? I just went on the ANJRPC website and checked my message inbox. Despite all the recent changes at the range, I appear to have "0" messeges.

It looked like a step in the right direction when we had access to Anthony's feedback on the club, but that inlet dried up for unrelated reasons and now we're back to square one.

• Like 1

Oh this is just EPIC.

So, here we have a link to today's ANJRPC website... http://www.anjrpc.or...unteers_gallery

Care to tell me what it says there on the first line?

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED…

for NRA Day at the Range and YouthFest 2005.

Yes, twofreaking thousand and FIVE. SEVEN years ago. Tell me again about my "roomers" (sic) and speculation...

Not to mention it says "Volunteers Gallery" which implies pictures and there's not a single picture on that page.

• Like 2

Man, it's got to suck being a punching bag. lol.

I think we're all pretty frustrated. I'm 2.5 miles away and I'm not sure I'll renew this year. I've been a member for going on 5 years now.

My biggest gripe is that it's so busy when I can get down to shoot. I realize that's not anyone's fault but I'm sure longing for the pre-Obama crowds.

I suspect that this big plug of membership increases will fall off sharply if Obama loses. Then it's going to be famine times because I'm sure Scott Bach won't want to take a pay cut so the range is gonna.

• Like 1

The range has ALWAYS taken the pay cut. I guarantee not even 25% of our membership dues goes to running the range.

According to Anthony when he was still on the site, ANJRPC has several bank accounts stock to the brim with money waiting for the opportune time to use it. No it's not going to the range, it'll go to a law suit that ANJRPC will probably lose because we all know how good their track record is and how efficient of a machine they are.

In what way...did he elaborate?

CR is a large range and it's also owned by the NRA state sponsored association. They would love nothing more than to find an excuse, any excuse, to shut it down. It's just a big, juicy target. It's nothing the range has done, they're just the sweetest target. They would then go after the other ranges, especially the large ones.

OK, so there's a lot of griping about the lack of communication from the association. Is this something that a volunteer(s) could help with, perhaps a section on the webpage or maybe some sort of a forum? If folks are unhappy, this seems like an opportunity to improve things.

You're right, all this yapping is useles because its not going to matter. The Secretive Monarchy that runs the range isnt going to change. Its like trying to teach my 81 yr old mom the internet. I'm going to stop caring and just go there to shoot and only shoot.And 3 yrs from now I might look back and see what $450,000-almost 1/2 million- in fees has gone as far as shooter friendly improvements has done.Oh and no more work weekends from me, thought I was doing a good charitable thing but they dont need my free help. That will show em. Going to change out some springs now and turn this frown upside down.

.I am just curious....if you are moving out of NJ....if you are not renewing...WHY are you so hyped up on bashing?...dunno maybe it's me...why not just laugh it off call us all asshats and walk away...

The reason I'm so hyped up because I'd like to see for once some people in New Jersey to actually get fired up and get some of this crap to change. ANJRPC could be so much more than it currently is. The range has soo much potential that could draw in so many extra people which would in turn would greater their fighting power which only leads to better stuff. Also just because I'm moving out of NJ doesn't mean this doesn't affect me in other ways. If NJ keeps getting more liberal, and NJ bans guns. Then those scum that are raised in NJ will branch out and eventually affect other states. Take a look at PA, if you don't think it isn't already starting to happen there your crazy. You got NYC and NJ liberals moving to PA and then complain that they have gun ranges around their homes even though the range has been there for 75 years before the house that they bought.

The other reason I'm hyped up is because I hate secrecy beyond words. There is no reason that the member board can not be open to general members. Nor is there any reason that we as members should not be able to see what's going on with our financials. On top of all that, there is absolutely no reason why when big ticket items come up for discussion that it isn't sent out for general members to vote on.

I also belong to a sailing club. Every year we vote on several things. Also several times a year we receive in the mail an updated financial sheet stating what we spent our money on, what we plan on spending our money on, and what money we have on at hand for future projects. There is no reason that ANJRPC can't do the same. Don't try to give me a line of ohhh well we need to hide it so people can't see it. That's bull crap. The only reason they hide it is because they want control, just like our very own government wants control. It's pretty bad when the people who are suppose to be fighting for your rights, are doing the same crap that the people they say they despise are doing.

photo-1.jpg

Renew do not renew,good grief it's no use.

I Really do not give a crap

I wish you All well.

I also appreciate you posting the information that you have, because we're not getting this information elsewhere.

Unfortunately for you, you are receiving this shitstorm because we members have no where else to vent to unless we all want to write letters and snail mail them to the board, which seems like it wouldn't do much good anyway. Criticism should be looked at as a warning to the board that there is discontent among the members that should not be dismissed. Just like in a business, you need to keep the customers/ members happy or they will go elsewhere.

I think Matt is being a little harsh on you, since after all you are just the messenger, but he is making some very valid points - the secrecy and Soviet ballots for the meetings and board members is not the way a club like this should be run. They like to tell us it's our club and to take care of it as such, but nobody feels that way because in effect it's not our club, it belongs to an elite few. It's no wonder almost no one shows up for the volunteer work weekends.

• Like 3

I am not leaving, I'm just going to stay out of this "shit storm" hopefully after the coals cool off a bit we can take the positives an build upon them . instead of all of this crap.

secrecy and Soviet ballots ? you had your opportunity last year to make a nomination. ,just one fact

I am not trying to and fuel to the fire, Im sure that , will send you folks into a 4 page rant.

By4now

LOL you ask for examples I give you examples and now you don't want to discuss this.

Are you the son of one of the old guys on the boards because it sure seems like the same story just a different face.

It may not be today or tomorrow, but something is going to happen to that range because of their piss poor planning and when it does, they will have no one to blame but themselves. I really feel bad for my friends in N. Jersey who are stuck here for a long time and have to deal with the bs that goes on at that range.

I am a CR member. I also belong to a small dingy range in PA. The small dingy range in PA allows things that CR will never allow (ie shooting things other than paper or clay, rapid fire, etc). I get it, it's a safety issue at CR, no biggie. The small dingy range has an equally impressive small dingy fee, of twenty bucks per year. The small dingy range is quickly becoming more than the hole in the wall it was before. The small dingy range has a facebook page. There are no RO's at the small dingy range.

I say this just to bring a little perspective to the griping. CR could be so much more as Matt above has stated. CR could open their books and their meetings. CR could be a beacon of hope in NJ, instead they're hiding from "the authorities" as much as or more than we as individual gun owners are.

Criticism has been harsh, but if you just examine the situations and criticism rationally instead of emotionally you begin to see why. Other than LastShot no one from CR has EVER posted ANYWHERE what the range times are. I applaud you LastShot for doing that service for us as members. I just wish it would be done on the website.

As far as volunteering, when you continually increase fees and dues people get to a point where they feel that the organization should be using their funds for certain things. If the CR membership cost me half as much as it does now, I would be more inclined to volunteer and help out, maybe update the website etc. But with fees through the roof the attitude turns to "just hire someone". Why not find a CR member that runs a website design business and work a deal with that person for free advertising on the ANJRPC website and write a contract requiring that person to update the website weekly?

The fact remains that the board at ANJRPC refuses to solicit input from anyone. If they wanted, the association AND the range would be an example throughout NJ. Instead, they're attempting to hide in the woods and hope that no one from the state attempts to close them down. I get the distinct impression that if the state really focused on CR and attempted to close it down that ANJRPC would roll over like a dead cockroach and just let it happen, no fight, no resistance, just let it happen.

• Like 3

LOL you ask for examples I give you examples and now you don't want to discuss this.

Are you the son of one of the old guys on the boards because it sure seems like the same story just a different face.

It may not be today or tomorrow, but something is going to happen to that range because of their piss poor planning and when it does, they will have no one to blame but themselves. I really feel bad for my friends in N. Jersey who are stuck here for a long time and have to deal with the bs that goes on at that range.

actually...there "MAY" be an indoor range nearby in a neighboring town soon....

I am a CR member. I also belong to a small dingy range in PA. The small dingy range in PA allows things that CR will never allow (ie shooting things other than paper or clay, rapid fire, etc). I get it, it's a safety issue at CR, no biggie. The small dingy range has an equally impressive small dingy fee, of twenty bucks per year. The small dingy range is quickly becoming more than the hole in the wall it was before. The small dingy range has a facebook page. There are no RO's at the small dingy range.

I say this just to bring a little perspective to the griping. CR could be so much more as Matt above has stated. CR could open their books and their meetings. CR could be a beacon of hope in NJ, instead they're hiding from "the authorities" as much as or more than we as individual gun owners are.

Criticism has been harsh, but if you just examine the situations and criticism rationally instead of emotionally you begin to see why. Other than LastShot no one from CR has EVER posted ANYWHERE what the range times are. I applaud you LastShot for doing that service for us as members. I just wish it would be done on the website.

As far as volunteering, when you continually increase fees and dues people get to a point where they feel that the organization should be using their funds for certain things. If the CR membership cost me half as much as it does now, I would be more inclined to volunteer and help out, maybe update the website etc. But with fees through the roof the attitude turns to "just hire someone". Why not find a CR member that runs a website design business and work a deal with that person for free advertising on the ANJRPC website and write a contract requiring that person to update the website weekly?

The fact remains that the board at ANJRPC refuses to solicit input from anyone. If they wanted, the association AND the range would be an example throughout NJ. Instead, they're attempting to hide in the woods and hope that no one from the state attempts to close them down. I get the distinct impression that if the state really focused on CR and attempted to close it down that ANJRPC would roll over like a dead cockroach and just let it happen, no fight, no resistance, just let it happen.

I agree...... and as for the dues increase - when I first joined CR, dues with range use were $60 a year. With this years increase, the dues have almost tripled since then. Even my NJ property taxes haven't increased by three fold over the same period of time - which is really saying something.

As for improvements, the only improvements I recall occurring, before last year, since I joined, are that they added the warning lights and buzzers for line changes and sand berms for the back stops. Which will naturally get people asking - where is the money going? ....... OK, I'm sure they are spending some decent money on the pistol range expansion, which is very welcome and needed, but when we say secrecy, why can't they publish the financials for the club, or Bach's salary? With the dues increases and all the new members, there's a lot of money coming in without a lot being spent on noticeable improvements - publishing this info, as Matt and others have suggested will reassure the membership that nothing funny is going on. After all, it's our club, and our money right?

• Like 2

I agree...... and as for the dues increase - when I first joined CR, dues with range use were $60 a year. With this years increase, the dues have almost tripled since then. Even my NJ property taxes haven't increased by three fold over the same period of time - which is really saying something.

As for improvements, the only improvements I recall occurring, before last year, since I joined, are that they added the warning lights and buzzers for line changes and sand berms for the back stops. Which will naturally get people asking - where is the money going? ....... OK, I'm sure they are spending some decent money on the pistol range expansion, which is very welcome and needed, but when we say secrecy, why can't they publish the financials for the club, or Bach's salary? With the dues increases and all the new members, there's a lot of money coming in without a lot being spent on noticeable improvements - publishing this info, as Matt and others have suggested will reassure the membership that nothing funny is going on. After all, it's our club, and our money right?

I'm going to pop in here, and have to say I agree there is a problem with communication, and state for a fact I DO NOT have any control over this, and I CAN NOT Tell you anything I DO NOT KNOW.

Has anyone contacted the Corresponding Secretary , with these Questions ?

I'm going to pop in here, and have to say I agree there is a problem with communication, and state for a fact I DO NOT have any control over this, and I CAN NOT Tell you anything I DO NOT KNOW.

Has anyone contacted the Corresponding Secretary , with these Questions ?

Again, nothing against you, you have been as helpful as you can be.