deadeye74

MA Family Suing To have "Under God" removed from Pledge.....

I choose not to say the "under god" part as my right to not be subjected to a religion selected by the Government.

How about this, Please I will send you my address and you can send me anything in your pocket that says "In God We Trust", Ok Kev??? :icon_mrgreen:

Think I found a new way to fund my gun habit... :good:

• Like 1

I was also in the military. I was also "punished" for not wanting to attend church services while in basic. Those of us that didn't attend church, or stood silent during prayers always ended up with extra PT. I had PT while the rest went to church, I did pushups during their prayers..

Bonesinium or whatever it is, I may have accidentally gave you a -1. My apologies my phone lagged and I can't tell what it gave you...

Really? You never said the plege of allgence when you were in the military.

No one ever asked me to recite the pledge of alliegience in the Army.

(Being that "under God" was added in the fifties I don't see how WWII would apply.)

However that didn't keep me from being required to attend all kinds of religious ceremony, or ceremony that was "blessed" without any say from me.

I really don't care if the words are in there or not. What I find to be the problem is peoples intolerance of others beliefs whether they be religious or otherwise. Someone doesn't like a TV show they want it off the air, just change the channel. People don't like a book, don't read it but no they want it banned. People don't like guns, so they want them banned. Where does it stop?

I really don't care if the words are in there or not. What I find to be the problem is peoples intolerance of others beliefs whether they be religious or otherwise. Someone doesn't like a TV show they want it off the air, just change the channel. People don't like a book, don't read it but no they want it banned. People don't like guns, so they want them banned. Where does it stop?

There is no optional pledge of allegiance for those that wish the god part to be excluded. So our option is to not say it... This has everything to do with the opposite of what you say. The whole point of this is so any American can say the pledge with out feeling like someone is pushing religion on them, Especially the government, who in all intent and purpose is supposed to be free from religious intolerance. Which is why i find it so hypocritical.

If anything the action these people are taking is the exact opposite, it is to create a more uniform pledge that everyone can be proud to recite, not just people who believe in god. This to me is a step in the right direction, as it does not single out a group or any single individual and is meant to bring people together, not separate.

Like I said I don't care if they remove it. You believe in what you want. I have no problem if you don't believe in God. I just find that our whole society has grown so intolerant of everyone else. Most people want what they believe to be the only way. That is what I see as the problem with our society today.

Like I said I don't care if they remove it. You believe in what you want. I have no problem if you don't believe in God. I just find that our whole society has grown so intolerant of everyone else. Most people want what they believe to be the only way. That is what I see as the problem with our society today.

I agree 100%, but this is nothing new what so ever, our country has always been intolerant of the minority. People think that because they are entitled to an opinion they are entitled to pushing said opinion on others. I just feel in this circumstance the idea is to remove intolerable opinions. A teacher said something to me once and it stuck with me. we should not teach tolerance, we should teach acceptance. We should not tolerate that people are different, we should accept that people are different.