Sign in to follow this  
david8613

I want a bull pup...nj legal of course...

Someone's selling a Bushmaster bullpup in the classifieds.

I don't know what it is but look into it before you buy. Bushmaster had at least one pretty spotty bullpup.

I saw some kind of AK bullput thingammajig at Oaks on the Eagle Arms (PA) tables. It was either 5.56 or 5.45 - I swear it saw 5.56, but I think I'm wrong. I know there are Century AK bullpups but I couldn't match up what I thought I saw. I was that design but the model number was off. They were ~ $500+ IIRC.

I keep looking at the fnh fs2000 and fnh ps90, I hear very good things about them, leaning towards the fs2000 for the practical 5.56 round... anyone have one or have personal experience on the forums?

The one thing you need to know about the FS2000 is that you must use at least a 30 round mag (and get it blocked, or C Products might still be making 15/30s) because any shorter mags will fit into the mag well but you will not be able to pull it out without enough mag exposed, this gun is not a drop free mag design.

Other than that it's a great design, and both are very easy to take apart and clean.

Steyr AUG is on the named list. So you could be taking a chance with the whole NJAC evil feature list versus statutes named list thing. I have a MSAR STG-556, which is a type of AUG clone. Its great , I love it. Problem is MSAR is out of business, if you get one, be sure to get a spare parts kit with it as they aren't making any more.

FS2K is pretty sweet. My friend has one. Seems a little over-complicated for me, but it could just be my lack of understanding of its operation.

The Keltec RFB looks really nice, though I never shot one before. Its .308 so that may affect your decision..

• Like 1

I know about the mag thing, but I heard it doesn't have bolt hold open on the last round, isn't that important?

Yes, the bolt doesn't hold open on the after the last round, but you can lock the action open manually if you want to - like a HK 91 style rifle. You're not dealing with an AK style action that is devoid of a hold open.

If you're concerned about quick reloads, this rifle follows the euro style philosophy of putting the charging handle on the left side so you can reload with your left hand while keeping your right hand on the grip and near the trigger for faster return to shooting position. This works well if you are right handed.

FS2K is pretty sweet. My friend has one. Seems a little over-complicated for me, but it could just be my lack of understanding of its operation.

It's less complicated than it looks and is simple to fieldstrip. You take the butt plate off and the entire bolt carrier group comes out the back, making it real easy to clean. It does have an odd brass ejection system out the front that holds about 4 empty cases before it begins to eject them - not sure what the reasoning for that is.

Steyr AUG is on the named list. So you could be taking a chance with the whole NJAC evil feature list versus statutes named list thing. I have a MSAR STG-556, which is a type of AUG clone. Its great , I love it. Problem is MSAR is out of business, if you get one, be sure to get a spare parts kit with it as they aren't making any more.

The Keltec RFB looks really nice, though I never shot one before. Its .308 so that may affect your decision..

When the hell did THAT happen????

I have no regrets about buying my STG. I bought it even though I knew the company was on the verge of closing shop. I just bought a full parts kit, and the ratworx hybrid bolt that takes AR extractor parts. I understand that Ratworx bought up pretty much all of their remaining spare parts inventory, though I'm unsure of how much stock they have.

Lets just say I've always wanted an AUG styled rifle.

The Steyr USR is no longer made, and they command crazy prices, $2K and up. The TPD AXR was another option at a USA made AUG clone, but they closed shop also. I wish Steyr made the AUG/A3, but under a different name to avoid the NJ un-fun list. Also too bad the last I have heard Steyr has suspended A3 production.