Hey guys,

Before I take the plunge and purchase an AR, I want to know if any shops/smiths can re-pin change the stock as well as swap out an already pinned and welded compensator for another one.

G&S Hunters/Paterson Gunsmithing in Paterson says then can do all that. I'd also like to know other resources.

As I learn and evolve as a shooter I want to make sure my rifle can change or evolve with me.

Thanks,

Jayce

I haven't bought it yet, but one will be in my hands by the end of the month.

Only shot an AR twice in my life (one was chambered in 9mm at an indoor range), and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

So I'll be learning as I go along.

I haven't bought it yet, but one will be in my hands by the end of the month.

Only shot an AR twice in my life (one was chambered in 9mm at an indoor range), and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

So I'll be learning as I go along.

Look here's the deal. Get yourself up to CR and I'll let you shoot a few different AR's. That way you'll get a feel for what you like and dislike.

Oh ! and BTW I will not tolertate you not hitting the broad side of a barn. You will shoot until you hit the horse in the a$$.

Haha. Thanks for the offer Old School.

After exhaustive reasearch and browsing this forum and others, I'm looking at the Sig Sauer M400.

But again, as I progress I'll be looking for a reliable shop to swap out parts.

How about for a few more bucks get a more reliable AR... Colt,Daniel Defense,Bravo Company.

Are Sig Sauer rifles known to be unreliable?

I was under the impression they made pretty nice stuff.. interesting

Whats so funny you a Bushmaster or DPMS guy?

If your an Operator or put 10,000's of rounds through your rifle you may want to spend the extra money.

Otherwise.... At the 1000 rounds a year I run never a prob with the DTI's Bushy's or DPMS. And they shoot sub MOA.(of course as long as I do my part, and in my blatently honest style this goes for the 20 and 24" barreled guns the 16 isn't as accurate it shoots about 1- 1 1/2 @ 100.)

+1 for Paul at Arms n Ammo

I shipped my upper and brake for NJ modifications, turnaround time is ridiculously fast, and extremely reasonably priced

I agree with everything you just said. I had my AR back in my hands in about a week. Paul's a good dude and a forum sponsor.