A while ago I posted on here about a buddy of mine having his guns and ammo confiscated because his crackhead brother who lives in west Virginia put a temporary restraining order on him. Well all the process is over and my buddy got his guns back today.

Here lies the problem. He easily had $1000 in ammo that was taken also. The procecuters office said they don't take ammo but the local pd did. He did get a receipt for the police for the guns and the ammo is on there also. What are the chances he will get something back. I'm sure the ammo has been shot up already by the pd especially since it was mostly .40 and 5.56mm rounds.in my eyes the receipt is gold.

I've heard they destroy the ammo. Is it possible that a dept would shoot it all and tell him it was destroyed? Yeah it is. Chances are they destroyed it the proper way. I hope anyway.

In any case I hope he gets the ammo back.

if the LAW does not allow for the disposal of ammunition..

if the policy is not to take the ammo..

they screwed up...

get the prosecutors opinion that they do not "take ammo"

make a copy.. send copy...

take the precept..

make copy.. send copy..

write a polite letter explaining that they can make right or he is seeking legal council..

He should be fine. If it takes longer then 30 days after he sent a certified letter to the pd with a copy of reciept and a request for all items to be returned, I would consider a lawyer. Normally a letter would work with Pds especiallyva certified letter. Good luck

Ok..so let me get this straight..you're already ASSuming that the PD wont give him his ammo?? before he even contacts them? Prosecutor's office takes ONLY the firearms (AG guideline, written in stone) Local PD Holds everything else.. I know WE Keep everything together until everything is adjudicated, at which point it's ALL returned to the owner.

Yup. If this ever happens again which hopefully it doesn't Im taking the ammo. The guns I won't get involved with unless he really wants to sell me or the cops let me hold em in my safe. It was a long drawn out process for a restraining order that lasted a week.