Mr.G

930 SPX + 1 Mag Extension Question. And M2

I doubt that is the case. Yes, there is a ring around it that looks like a crimp, and it isn't obvious how you take the bit that blocks the end of the mag tube out immediately, but you basically just pry it out carefully. I used some needle nose pliers and lever up each side a little at a time. Be wanred the spring will come flying out, watch your eyes/face/nearby pets or valuables/etc.

I'll snap a pic when I'm home later.

Checked mine, it's not so much crimped, but designed to not be extended: end of tube is shaped and welded so that you can't screw and extension on... Not quite sure where else to go on this...

Pics? I have not heard of this on any 930.

Ok, my 930.

18.25" vent rib barrel threaded for chokes (cut down by gunsmith)

Lengthened and polished forcing cone

hi-viz bead and leaf blade sight. (convertible).

Aimpro tri-rail.

Nordic components +2 extension.

Nordic components 3/4" XL end cap.

Nordic components barrel clamp.

Nordic components bolt handle (not visible in the pictures).

Brownells mossberg enhanced safety (metal and oversized).

Non-ported poly-choke.

S&J day glow green delrin anti-tilt extended follower with tactile divot to check if the magazine is really empty without having to look. I like it better than the ones with a tactile nubbin.

Mesa Tactical 6 round side saddle.

With a factory 18.5" barrel it should line up almost perfectly with the extension being a hair shorter.

I still need to find a rear sling mount. The mesa tactical loop that says it works with their side saddles does not in this case.

930_a.jpg

930_b.jpg930_c.jpg

Hey raz-0, can you give me more info in regards to that barrel and the sights you put on it?

Hey raz-0, can you give me more info in regards to that barrel and the sights you put on it?

The barrel is the factory barrel cut down to 18.25", recut for chokes with the forcing cone lengthened and polished. Rib drilled and tapped for the new sight so it has 2 screws rather than a screw and tape or magnets.

Sights are hiviz four-in-one variant ii that fits mossberg ribs.

The barrel is the factory barrel cut down to 18.25", recut for chokes with the forcing cone lengthened and polished. Rib drilled and tapped for the new sight so it has 2 screws rather than a screw and tape or magnets.

Sights are hiviz four-in-one variant ii that fits mossberg ribs.

Very nice. Would make for an interesting shotgun.

I personally may sell my pump-action 870 and just focus on the 930... but then again, I barely shoot the damned things aside from hitting clay birds.

MODEL 930 JM (JERRY MICULEK) PRO SERIES, No longer a myth, finally in production. I have one on order!! 10 sold within the last 10 minutes so by the time you click this they may be out of stock.

http://www.galleryof...aspx?item=85119

http://www.westernsh...al-shotgun.html

All of the new Pro Series guns have the following features that make them an excellent option for competitive or tactical shooting:

• Chromed Gas System
  • Chromed Hammer & Sear
  • Overtravel Adjustment Screw (Not available on the Patrick Flanigan).
  • Tactical Bolt handle
  • Oversize Bolt Release Button
  • Oversize Ambidextrous Thumb safety
  • Fiber optic front sight (drilled and tapped so it can be replaced with one of your own choosing).
  • Vent Rib
  • Forearm is moved back away from the loading port
  • Oversize loading port (already opened up for fast loading).
  • 4lb stock trigger
  • Cocking Indicator
  • The Patrick Flanigan is ported
  • Nordic Components Mag Tube & Clamp
  • Comes with 3 chokes

Ok, to be super clear on my build as I have been asked some questions in pm.

Not all shotgun shells are the same length. European shells designated the same 2-3/4" as us shells are very often shorter. This means you need to be careful.

Long anti tilt follower in my parts list + Nordic plus two tube + Nordic 3/4" Xl cap = just barely legal with short european shells. Comfortably legal with us shells.

Stock follower + Nordic plus two tube + Nordic 3/4" Xl cap = you can fit a 7th shell if using shorter European shells. Don't do that.

Long anti tilt follower in my parts list + Nordic plus two tube as it comes = you can't fit 6 of longer us shells.

That's all that I have tested with.

I think it holds 4+1. It's the same as mine, but without that contraption at the end of it.

contraption?

Stand-off device, or like what I like to call it. "The sticker" It's like a bayonet on the end of your shotgun.

For the 930 owners in this thread (Raz-0, Mr. G, wastegate, DevsAdvocate), what do you recommend for a break-in period?

For what/to determine what? Shotguns are not my forte, so I'm kind of winging it on the evaluation. I've been running a variety of ammo through it, and the plan is to try a case of whatever feels softest in the first eval, and see when I have issues. If you mean for evaluating the extension, if it's going to be a pita, it usually lets you know in a couple of boxes or less based on the feedback of others.

It really depends, on the 930 forum some say full load 300 shells before it finally smooths-out and others say 50 while others say none required. My personal opinion is if it requires break-in the firearm is no good. It must be reliable from the get-go. That said, my personal experience has been smooth. I was using low recoil Federal slugs, 00-buck, and bird shots. Slugs were dead on 50 yards with 1inch groupings.

Horizontal | top to Bottom - Full, Modified, Improved Cylinder Choke

Vertical | left to right - 7, 15, 25 Yards

Row 4 x 4 7 1/2 Shot

What do you think? Best to keep Full Choke for trap, gun games and self defense?

photo1.jpg

For the 930 owners in this thread (Raz-0, Mr. G, wastegate, DevsAdvocate), what do you recommend for a break-in period?

Whoa

Mine doesn't has the stand-off/breeching barrel, no choke changing for me. i thought about just running high brass shells to smooth out the action and then practice with the bird shot.

Thanks guys

I just cleaned it and took it to a range. Sighted it in with slugs. Shot some birdshot and buckshot. Maybe a box of each, then took Chris Fry's Combative shotgun class and it ate everything I feed it throughout the class without a hiccup.

No personal experience with Choate but I researched before buying and Choate seems to be hit or miss. There seems to be more negative feedback in vendor and 930 forum on Choate whereas Nordic have a lot of positive feedback. Also, Nordic fit and finish matches OEM so it does not look like an aftermarket part. Downside, Nordic more expensive! I'm NOT saying Choate will not work, I just don't want to deal with the hassle (if ever) and prefer quality finish so I just suck it up.

http://www.midwayusa...ound-parkerized - look at Choate feedback.

Picking mine up today, now I have to decide which +2 to go with. Choate or Nordic?

Good to know! I may not need to bring pump as a backup then. The manual says 200 rounds in-between cleaning so I hope she runs up to 400 rounds without TLC throughout the class.

Funny thing - first few shots I habitually tried to pull the forearm because of muscle memory. Oh yeah, its semi-auto!! LOL

I just cleaned it and took it to a range. Sighted it in with slugs. Shot some birdshot and buckshot. Maybe a box of each, then took Chris Fry's Combative shotgun class and it ate everything I feed it throughout the class without a hiccup.

Picking mine up today, now I have to decide which +2 to go with. Choate or Nordic?

Choate is cheaper. It has a plastic end cap. It probably won't fail, however you may be spending more time messing with clipping the spring and farting around with an emory cloth on a dowel. The main functional advantage of the nordic is that they taper/chamfer the transition area to try to facilitate smooth feeding. Choate does not, and the most common problem is shells hanging up at the transition. That usually can be fixed with some judicious use of abrasives. Wtih the nordic, I did a very light chamfer on the opening of the magazine of the gun as a preventative measure. I mean VERY light, and have had no issues. I've been busy, so only have my initial test of #6, #7 1/2, #8 bird shot (high brass and low brass) , 12 and 9 pellet buck shot, and reduced recoil and normal 1oz slugs which spanned a whole bunch of countries of origin, and actual shell length (all labeled 2 3/4"). It was all pretty smooth.

FYI, the finish on the nordic is pretty close to the stock finish on the waterfowl as you can see in my pictures.