this_is_nascar

How is This Different Than a Pimp or Prostitute?

I can see it from both sides here. You're paying someone who would normally not be making any money on one side, however it seems to be a bit degrading as well, although, no one seems to have twisted anyone's arm to do this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46714752/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/

How is paying someone with a home minimum wage to stand out on a highway holding a sign for a store different? If these homeless people were willing participants good for them if they made some money. Since the govt isnt doing anything to get them wor im gladsomeone is putting money in their pocket. Next youll hear the state is pissed cuz the homeless ppl arent paying taxes on their wages.

First off, as we all know, pimping and prostitution is illegal. From what I understand, the reason it's illegal is that some group(s) of people feel it's degrading for a women to do, even though many of those in the business have no issue with it. Taking the legality out of the equation, the thought process for me posting this was to gage the consensus as to whether the group felt this was degrading to the homeless or not. Like I said, I could voice concerns on either side of the debate. Just looking for feedback and thoughts, that's all.

After re-reading the thread title, how is someone getting paid for being being given equipment and a t-shirt to be a wireless hotspot compare to someone in the business of the exchange of money for sex??

Money is to sex

as

homeless is to wifi.

I thought it was pretty simple but I always got those questions wrong on tests.

:D

I get it now.

Pimp pays prostitute to troll streets where she gives sex in exchange for money.

Company pays homeless to troll places where they give wifi in exchange for...something.

That makes more sense. No wonder I always got those questions wrong before.