Sign in to follow this  
ph2_usn

I want a Lawyer before I need need one !

After alot of reading and the course of events that is taking place, I have come to the conclusion that I will use any means necessary to protect my family. That said, I want the name of a lawyer before I need to call him.

"Officer, I dont mean to be disrespectful, but I refuse to answer any questions before I speak to my Lawyer."

I cant be looking thru the phone book (are there any phone books anymore) when I have one phone call to make.

Does the group have reccomendations of lawyers to use, I am in South Jersey, Riverton to be specific.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

• Like 1

This brings up another question...do you need a lawyer who specializes in NJ Gun Laws or do you need a really good criminal defense attorney?

A good lawyer, regardless.

I have heard that Needleman and Pisano is the firm to keep in your phone book if you are a NJ gun owner

For what it's worth, NJRPC was a plaintiff in this lawsuit and used their services. http://www.anjrpc.or...rsey_20city.pdf

What I'd like to know... how does a lawyer become "your" lawyer? Do you have to call them preemptively and open a file in your name, so if you ever need it you can call them up and speak to someone quickly? Or can you just keep their number handy?

The lawyer should have some kind of contact with you, he needs to know who you are and should have your info..

Hence the reason i said even a real estate Attorney. Someone more qualified can always show up on your behalf..

Thanks Tom, I've been meaning to ask this very same question but kept forgetting. Any other suggestions on good lawyers, incase the day comes that I need to defend myself? In north jersey.

Thanks Tom, I've been meaning to ask this very same question but kept forgetting. Any other suggestions on good lawyers, incase the day comes that I need to defend myself? In north jersey.

If you're in North Jersey, PM me and I'll give you a name of a really good (at least in my opinion) criminal defense attorney.

Evan Nappen. He is in Central, NJ. He wrote a book on NJ gun laws which every NJ firearm owner should have.

He is the go to guy for anything NJ Gun related. He also is a guest on GFH radio and does alot of public speaking at firearm meetings/get togethers/classes.

Buy his book and put his card in your wallet.

http://www.evannappen.com/

Evan Nappen. He is in Central, NJ. He wrote a book on NJ gun laws which every NJ firearm owner should have.

He is the go to guy for anything NJ Gun related. He also is a guest on GFH radio and does alot of public speaking at firearm meetings/get togethers/classes.

Buy his book and put his card in your wallet.

http://www.evannappen.com/

Nappen is certainly well-informed on gun issues, but if you get arrested you don't want a gun attorney. You want a seasoned criminal defense trial attorney. I would look elsewhere.

Hey mods, this might be a good thing to 'pin', it's something none of us want to think would happen, but it's better to be prepared just in case.

Nappen is certainly well-informed on gun issues, but if you get arrested you don't want a gun attorney. You want a seasoned criminal defense trial attorney. I would look elsewhere.

Why? Did the op say somewhere he wants to commit crimes like armed robbery or something?

Why? Did the op say somewhere he wants to commit crimes like armed robbery or something?

He's looking to have a lawyer's phone number should he ever be forced to defend himself while at home. For such an incident, a gun lawyer(writer?) will be useless.

He's looking to have a lawyer's phone number should he ever be forced to defend himself while at home. For such an incident, a gun lawyer(writer?) will be useless.

That is what Nappen does. He is also a criminal defense attorney. Go check out his site.