Sign in to follow this  
Jackruf

Bipod for AR 15

Harris

Bob -- I had a issue with a NcStar quick release bipod, where I had to practically beat the snot out of it to get it off after the quick release buttons froze and it was stuck on the rail. After reading your recommendation, I bought a Harris S-BRM bipod. The difference in construction is like night and day. I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the recommendation.

If you are going to put a forward vertical grip on, might as well get a GPSGrip Pod... They are great. Marines use them and can be had cheap on eBay under a $100. Just make sure they are not China knockoffs.

http://www.grippod.com/gps02.html

$35 bux

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-One-1-Grip-Pod-GPS-02-Military-Issue-Bipod-Vertical-Foregrip-USED-/290770722576?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b3491f10

I think a better bang for your buck over the Grip Pod is a Mako T-Pod. (Just be sure to get a Gen 2... not Gen 1.)

I paid about 130 for mine and I love it. A smidge on the heavy side, but the bipod is pretty good and the grip is comfy. It can swivel side to side (30 degrees each way, I think), it can cant side to side for unlevel shooting, and the legs extend independently for uneven terrain.

I use a Leapers Inc. UTG TacOp 1 Bipod on mine. Have no complaints so far.

\

I have 4 of these on rifles, 3 Harris, 1 GG&G, and 1 Versapod and the UTG's have held up and seen more rounds downrange than any of the others. They are very very good bipods for range and hunting work