dgstinner

Maker of AK-47 goes bankrupt

I have a Vepr in 223, which I love. Not a true russian caliber, but it is just fine. almost no recoil. Shoots great.

Only issue with AK's and 223 is getting mags to run right. Mine uses AK 74 mags and Rob Arms followers for 223. Fortunately I was able to get my gun with 10 15 round mags.

Interesting article on Izmash civilian sales to the US:

About 70% of the factory's output is now civilian rifles, up from 50% two years ago. Of the civilian arms, about 40% are exported to the United States.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-08-16/news/33233123_1_izhmash-gun-enthusiasts-military-guns

Maksim V. Kuzyuk, a board member of Izhmash and former chief executive, said that he studied the global market for small arms before deciding to focus on the United States. "Typically, an American family will have five or six short- and long-barreled guns," Kuzyuk, a former director of the Boston Consulting Group in Moscow, said in an interview. "Some collectors have more than 20 guns." About 70% of the factory's output is now civilian rifles, up from 50% two years ago. Of the civilian arms, about 40% are exported to the United States.

Ugh....What are they gona cost now?????

Does anybody own a saiga in .223?

How do you like it?

I was thinking about how it might be easier to get ammo for that as opposed to 7.62x39

I have a 21" 223....Bought it from my buddy at work, was going to have it chopped to 12.5" with a perm attached brake for legal length. Might be selling and buying a Polish Beryl Archer...