Secret Squirrel

My first AR is finally together

Well my upper came in the mail today, so I was able to mate it with the lower that i've had for 2 months.

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

CMMG Lower

PSA LBK

Yankee Hill Phantom Brake Aggressive

Magpul MOE Stock

Magpul 15/30 PMAG

Magpul rear MBUS

Magpul MOE grip

Magpul Midlength handguard

Del-Ton 16" 1:9 5.56 upper

Trying to think if there is anything else, but i think that is it.

I never tried loading to full capacity, so I just tested it. Your right if you load 15 rounds it won't seat, but if you take one out it will. It will however work if the bolt is open.

Yea that's exactly right. so i guess I have 14/30 mags, next round of mags i'm going to buy Pauls black 15/20s

Yea that's exactly right. so i guess I have 14/30 mags, next round of mags i'm going to buy Pauls black 15/20s

I did notice when its fully loaded (15 rounds) it doesn't even have a hair of room to flex. When i load my mags for my hand guns to full capacity, and i press down on the rounds i get a hair of compression. I guess when they pin um, they pin um to tight.

I did notice when its fully loaded (15 rounds) it doesn't even have a hair of room to flex. When i load my mags for my hand guns to full capacity, and i press down on the rounds i get a hair of compression. I guess when they pin um, they pin um to tight.

Personally, I'd rather have mags that will do 14 on a closed bolt than 16 on an open bolt...

Yea the little dirt cover that comes with the mag doesn't fit when fully loaded.

The mags will only take 15. So it would be 15 on an open bolt and 14 on a closed

My point was that if there is enough slack that you can get 15 on a closed bolt (ideally), and they make a slight measurement error or through normal wear and tear, you may be able to jam a 16th in there if the bolt is open.

My point was that if there is enough slack that you can get 15 on a closed bolt (ideally), and they make a slight measurement error or through normal wear and tear, you may be able to jam a 16th in there if the bolt is open.

Got ya.