302w

Looking to build an AR, can someone ID this handguard?

I'm new to the AR scene, but I would not mind starting out a long-term build this summer. I still don't know if I want a carbine or fullsize rifle. Anyway, can someone ID this handguard style if it exists? I think I have seen it on real ARs, but I have only been able to find airsoft guns with them.

qVDB8mOXDkEAlIY.jpg

5Nd5G95Ke3Ia3Mf3Hdc3s91893ccb81ed1ed4.jpg

I wouldn't mind a matching Noveske receiver sporting one of these handguards... but I dont think it is possible.

Thats not the exact one, but I definitely like those handguards. Perhaps even a bit more.

So I am looking at $270 for a matched set of Noveske recievers, and $240 in a rail/handguard. So $500 and I have a stockless, barrel-less shell of a firearm lol.

Its looking more like I will get a matched set of Enterprise Arms receivers for the price alone. I am still unsure of what handguard I might get (leaning between a VLTOR, ARMS SIR, or an Ironwood Designs carbine handguard).

I am a bit unorthodox when it comes to building things.

looks heavy...

looks are not deceiving. All the SIR like tubes are heavy. 14.50z without any of the rail segments attached, and the bottom half that can be removed for m203 compatibility is plastic. So... just saying.

I like ARMS low profile back up iron sights. Not so much the rest of their stuff.

If I had to pick between the ARM and the VLTOR, it'd be VLTOR no contest.

But like Vlad said... there's a lot better options out there.

Centurion, Daniel Defense, Troy, Midwest Industries... just to name a few.

Here's a nice chart for your reference, if weight is a concern.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsFnUZMkZNF2DQ&output=html

I have had really good rails.. Daniel Defense... and lower end stuff Midwest Industries..

and honestly having had a bunch of different rail systems I have grown to really dislike them.. right now I am using a Magpul MOE... it is insanely lightweight.. and grips great... it took a while to get used to.. but I love it.. it seems very durable.. and holds a light which is all I really need on my AR..

for me.. lightweight.. and streamlined is fast.. I really don't need 500 feet of rail to overly complicate and weigh down the weapon system..

I have had really good rails.. Daniel Defense... and lower end stuff Midwest Industries..

and honestly having had a bunch of different rail systems I have grown to really dislike them.. right now I am using a Magpul MOE... it is insanely lightweight.. and grips great... it took a while to get used to.. but I love it.. it seems very durable.. and holds a light which is all I really need on my AR..

for me.. lightweight.. and streamlined is fast.. I really don't need 500 feet of rail to overly complicate and weigh down the weapon system..

I'm with you on the light weight and simple, but I've gotten way too much POI shift using braced positions on something without a free float tube. There are a bunch of good lightweight options out there. For the same length, the troy TRX extreme rails are almost the same weight as the MOE, and no delta ring. Lancer systems has light stuff. Carbon arms. Loki weapon systems. Sampson. Etc. It's not a short list these days.

for example, Loki's carbon fiber one mounts to the stock barrel nut, is removable for maintenance, and is 5oz for the 12" rifle length at $159. Not a bad deal, although I don't know how rigid it is. In theory they ahve a non-shiny version in the works.