Dan

Benelli Nova Tactical w/ghost rings

Should be in tomorrow. :) I know the Nova has the integrated receiver/stock, but thats fine with me as I don't have any ambition to do anything modding of what is there.

I'm looking for recommendations on tube mag extensions if anyone has experience with them.

forget about the tube extension... go get an oil filter suppressor for your Benelli ala No country for old men.

I wish, but oil filters are all of a suddenly NFA title 3 restricted items, and illegal in NJ to own!

JUST RECEIVED MY TAC-STAR 7 SHOT EXTENSION #1081188 (ADDS 2 SHOTS) YESTERDAY (FOR MY NOVA TACTICAL 18" BARREL),INSTALLED IT AND IT LOOKS AWESOME ,MATCHES GUN PERFECTLY ,GOT IT FROM http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm , ALOT OF SITES WERE "SOLD-OUT" BUT I CALLED FIRST AND THEY SAID THEY HAD PLENTY . SHIPPING WAS A LITTLE HIGH $17.00 SHIPPING N $43.00 FOR EXTENSION BUT IT WAS AT MY DOOR IN 2 DAYS !!!!

What configuration of the nova (Barrel length, pistol grip)? Like Stickle pointed out, the best extensions are from Nordic and Midway currently has them in stock. I'm looking at a +2 and a low drag follower and a shortened spring for my supernova which might actually get me 7 in the tube. If you get a +5 or above, you'll likely need the support clamp as well which drives the cost up a bit.

I HAD READ ALOT OF REVIEWS ABOUT THE TUBE COMING APART FROM THE NUT. BUT I CHECKED THE ONE I RECEIVED AND IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE IT IS NOW CONSTRUCTED AS "ONE PIECE" SO I CALLED TAC-STAR (LYMAN) AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE ADDRESSED THAT PROBLEM AND THEY ARE NOW A "ONE-PIECE" CONSTRUCTION. THEY ALSO TOLD ME IF ANYONE RECEIVES THE OLDER "TWO-PIECE" CONSTRUCTION TO GIVE THEM A CALL AND THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO REPLACE IT WITH THE NEW DESIGN (ONE-PIECE)

I'm picking up the shotty today. Its the 18.5" barrel model, so I think the +2 or at most +3 would work. I'm going to measure to see how each would look. Probably going with the Nordic.

Would I need a different spring/follower for lets say the +3 if I went that route?

Will post pics. And thanks Jon, that saves me from getting out the measuring tape. Being my face has a tendency to attract ricochet bullet fragments, the fragging option is definitely out.

Not mine, but here's what it will look like with the +2. Even a smidge more it would poke out. Shame we can't get this model with a 20" barrel as then you could get a +4 on there and since all the extensions seem to cost the same regardless of capacity, the extra couple rounds would be nice.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/nordic/mag/mag-1.htm

Not mine, but here's what it will look like with the +2. Even a smidge more it would poke out. Shame we can't get this model with a 20" barrel as then you could get a +4 on there and since all the extensions seem to cost the same regardless of capacity, the extra couple rounds would be nice.

http://www.stu-offro...c/mag/mag-1.htm

If an 18" barrel allows +2 with the magazine tube shorter than the barrel by a fraction of an inch, a barrel that's 2 inches longer will only allow a +3 extension...if that. The most common shotgun shell is 2 3/4" long. +4 tube would require an extra 5 1/2" of barrel than the +2 would.

If an 18" barrel allows +2 with the magazine tube shorter than the barrel by a fraction of an inch, a barrel that's 2 inches longer will only allow a +3 extension...if that. The most common shotgun shell is 2 3/4" long. +4 tube would require an extra 5 1/2" of barrel than the +2 would.

Lol, you're right. total brain fart on my end. I was thinking min legal barrel len was ~16 inches like rifles. Not so with scatterguns. hehe

Not always. For a +2, no, but for a +5 yes. Somewhere in between is the but it depends on some other things. The manufacturer will generally give you guideline of when a clamp is needed. Also, if you are going to hang anything from the extension (like an accessory mount), you may want a clamp even for the smaller extensions for added support but then there often isn't much room for a clam and a mount, however, some clamps can have a built in rail to double the functionality.

Fragged? Lol that's impossible

Yea, for a 2-3" protrusion you're probably right, but it will take a lot of continual muzzle blast, eroding the finish and possibly the tube itself. How do you size yours?

that is a ingenious idea , however you would need backup to cover you when your loading it .And it now looks like a upright vacuum cleaner. :)

If you have to reload after ~20 rounds of 12ga, you're doing something wrong.

Oh yeah? Ask alec and Mike about the last knockdown steel match. lol

My bad. I was referring to something in the direction of HD. Something like a competition, yea. HD, either you're doing something wrong, or you're effed either way.