destro23

First 4 guns/rifles if you were to start over?

1) Walther PPQ 9mm

2) 10/22 of your choice

3) AR-15 with possibility of .22 conversion kit...understanding it won't be the finest in the world but is cheaper to shoot/practice

4) Mossberg 590 or 590 A1 12 gauge

bases = covered

If i were starting over, i think id be pretty happy with my purchases a second time around. Thankfully, i am not limited to just 4 firearms.

My first was a p226 9mm, id go p220 .45 this time.

Second was a marlin xt-22, id go for that again, but in a heavy barrel configuration. Might go ruger 10/22 instead.

For a long range gun, i currently have a savage 10fcp-k .223, id stick with that or go remington 700 of some kind.

For a shotgun, i was given a harrington &richardson 12ga, id probably go benelli supernova (picking one up this week), remington 870, or mossberg 500/590.

Everything i have now uses common, relatively inexpensive ammo. While i plan to get exotic calibers in the future, i wanted a solid base of cheaper to shoot fun guns, and in that, i have succeeded. Makes me grin, thats whats most important to me.

Sorry for typos, sent from a phone.

1) Glock 23 (.40 S&W) with - connector, NY-1 trigger, tritium sights and Safariland ALS holster

2) Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 (12 ga) with 18.5" barrel, marine finish, PG and adjustable stock

3) Ruger m77 scout rifle in .308 with ching sling

4) either M1 Garand in 30-06 from the CMP -or- Saiga 7.62 converted back to proper AK configuration

And of course a big enough safe to you don't keep scratching expensive wood stocks with the charging handles from cheap AKs

well considering i just rounded out my first 4...i think it is a pretty good start

ruger mini 14 blued

remington 870 express magnum combo...shoots everything and has both the slug and shot barrels

colt rail gun, or any colt 1911, just love the cerakote black on mine

ruger mk3 target blued

Well in retrospect, my collection would have been a lot smaller if I had just gotten my M&P .40, custom 2011 in .40, AR pattern rifle, and semi-auto shotgun early on. It covers 95% of the shooting I do. .22 upper for the AR covers another 4.5%. I'd like a .22 top end for my 2011.

Exactly what I have:

Custom AR

Benelli supernova tactical

H&K P30

Sig P226 Enhanced Elite

holy !! that Benelli looks awesome!

From the looks of it.. i'm def gonna get a Glock 19 (9mm) for first gun... and then an AR type but thats gonna take up a fresh new post.. and Sig P226 for 2nd gun (if i like the range as much as i think i will, i love the sigs feel)

I agree with the .22... i'm def in no rush to buy that... in my intro post i explain the first gun i shot was a glock 21 .45cal.. i had no idea it was the big boy! lol but the guy at the range said afterwords he started me off with that because everything else i shoot from then on should be easier lol ... i'm actually glad i started off with that.

I would rethink this one. With a 22lr you can do static steel, action steel, pie plates, obrams (uspsa), indoor, outdoor, 7 yards, 100 yards, all while saving some serious money. For example, a typical match going through 250 rounds in 9mm will run $50 in ammo, and about $10 in 22lr. A mag dump compares $2 to 0.36 cents. For some that could be the difference in going to the range once per month vs every week. Get a conversion kit for that Glock