david8613

hammer fired pocket 9mm?

doing some research for a friend, she is looking for an off duty carry weapon requirements is that it must be hammer fired, not sure if it has to be "cockable" hammer fire, lol is that a word, or if it can have a hidden style hammer like the keltec pf 9 and ruger lc9 has. it also must be light and small, single stack...

I found the keltec pf 9 and ruger lc9 but is there anything else?

why? didn't they fix the problems with the pf9? I hear alot are happy with them now?

I've only put a few hundred rounds through it, but so far no mechanical failures. It is just such an uncomfortable gun, the grip is so small it doesn't fit your hand, the checkered pattern on the grip leaves an imprint on your hand after a few rounds. And the recoil is pretty fierce for a 9mm. Also the construction of the gun is pretty crappy, I can't really explain it you have to hold one in your hand. They sell for a good price, for a reason.

The reason I bought it and kept is because it is small and fits in an ankle holster well, and it will shoot if I need it to. IMO, I get no enjoyment shooting this gun, for a couple bucks more there are better guns.

If you do a search, I know someone did a comparison of the PF9 and IIRC the Beretta Nano. They had pretty much the same view as I do.

Take off the extra crap

p290detailhero.jpg

agreed... I like it, i considered it at one point for myself before i got a kahr pm 9 but I heard the p290 does have some problems?

yeah ya know your right about the keltec pf9, I fired one once sometime ago and I forgot how bad the recoil was thanks for reminding me.

MRI Baby Eagle II compact polymer, but it is probably a little bit too big

Obviously I am a Sig fan...the 938 seems interesting..from what I read it is almost the same as the 238 but a little fatter...

snip

938 is same dimensions except for length. It is .4" longer and weighs .8 ounces more. 5.9" long, 3.9" high, 1.1" wide, 16 oz.

I hear they have started to ship them too. :nyam:

by coackable i mean it has hammer, but you can cock it back with your thumb like my sig 226, but she is single and double, but there are some guns that have a hammer but you cannot cock it with your thumb, like the lc9, is that what is dao? i thought that term was just for the trigger pull, not the hammer type...