colnar

Lindenwold PD requiring photo for FID / P2P apps

My wife went in today to submit her FID application. She was required to submit to having her picture taken "just for their records". Is this appropriate? I was not required to get one a few years ago when I got my FID. If it is NOT appropriate, what should we do?

NO, it is not appropriate! It's just another example of local pds stepping over the line.

Contact the NJ2AS, speak to them and see what they advise. Depending upon what they say, call the NJSP firearms unit, and ask them to straighten out your local pd.

ETA: I just realized this was in the NJ2AS thread, so you're off to a good start. lol

I just got my card 2 weeks ago in South Jersey.... i didn't have to have a picture on file. Maybe they just want a record to compare to Drivers license? in future? but i'm in a small town so may be different. i wouldn't make to big a deal about it other then kindly ask them when did they make this policy and why? that your just curious. Something bad may have happened for them to have this policy.

She should've walked out before the picture taking point IMO!

I would go there and politely ask why it was required and to show you the law stating so..

I'm getting a kick out people saying to contact the state police. THEY DON'T CARE. I've contacted them, so have my brother and sister in law over Red Bank's policies. Their exact words were "Not our problem, take it up with a lawyer".

I found the firearms unit to be very helpful in matters that are clear violations. They took care of the issue I had with my local PD not issuing more than 1 PP at a time in a very fast time.

I'm getting a kick out people saying to contact the state police. THEY DON'T CARE. I've contacted them, so have my brother and sister in law over Red Bank's policies. Their exact words were "Not our problem, take it up with a lawyer".

They've gone above and beyond to help quite a few people I've sent to them with issues..

I dunno who you spoke too, but everyone else seems to have worked out just fine.

So, yes. They do care.