Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman1

Bighorn 36 EC Heavy Duty Safe

On sale at Costco May 10 - June 3rd - $1,400 safe on sale for $999; Item# 647381

The Bighorn 36ECB will give you unparalleled peace of mind and security against fire and theft. This safe features thick heavy bodied construction, outstanding 30 minute fire protection, fine styling and interior, and the industry's best warranty and customer service. You cannot find more security or value.

Rhino And Bighorn Safes

Length: 2:10

rating0.gif

Security Features:

UL Listed electronic lock

5.75†thick door

Spring loaded re-locker keeps safe secure if lock is tampered with or removed

Massive 1.5†diameter locking door bolts

3 layer armored hard plate to protect the lock

12 total locking door bolts, 3 way active

4 sided door bolt protection

Heavy bodied construction – 790 LBS

Interior Features:

Thick quality automotive grade upholstery

21.75 Cubic ft.

Interior Dimensions: 67" H x 33" W x 17" D

Slots for 36 long guns

Adjustable shelving

3 side shelves and 2 full-width top shelves; doubles your storage capacity

Predrilled for anchoring to the floor (anchoring hardware not included)

Predrilled through the steel for dehumidifier

External hinge door, fully opening provides greater access than internal hinged designs

Exterior Features:

ULâ® RSC security rating

35.5 cubic ft

Color : durable, baked-on powdercoat in semi-gloss black

Commercial grade UL Listed electric lock

External Dimensions: 71†H x 36†W x 24†D (not including handles)

Deluxe 5-spoke vault style handle

Oversized hinges

Easy to remove shipping feet (no troublesome wood pallet)

Heavy bodied construction – 790 LBS

Fire Protection Features:

30 minute fire protection

Expandable door seal – helps keep out smoke and heat

Fully lined, no uncovered hot spot areas like internal hinge designs

Warranty:

Best residential warranty and customer service in the industry!

Free repair or replacement after fire or burglary attack – see warranty for complete details.

Complete Rhino Warranty

[Model 36ECB / Gun Safes]

Why do you people do this to me? This would be a perfect dimension fit for my secret room project :)

Below is the link to costco page

http://www.costco.co...y=1&topnav=&s=1

Be careful, that link is for a similar safe with a 45 minute/1200 degree fire rating. I do not think Costco will have the link available on their website until the sale starts on May 10.

Just trying to save you guys some money, Rob. $400 off would be a pretty good deal.

Be careful, that link is for a similar safe with a 45 minute/1200 degree fire rating. I do not think Costco will have the link available on their website until the sale starts on May 10.

Just trying to save you guys some money, Rob. $400 off would be a pretty good deal.

I thought of the possibility of it being off but thats the only 36ecb they had on their site. Still good for photos some further specs. I appreciate the post up. I know I got to pony up and get one but as with all safes a decent sized one will be a tough nut to swallow. Too bad costco doesnt offer some sort of interest free promo because that would be AWESOME :) itd be easier to pay 83 bucks a month over a year then a grand up front

790lbs. Ouch.

Would be nervous the floor would give out.

Anyone know if 2x10 -12' span floor constuction is rated for that much?

Ive heard a number of people that put heavy safes as such on the second floor. There are a number of factors to consider like the age of the home...16"OC floor joists? Would you be placing the safe next to a load bearing wall beneath? (Preferable) I read you can also purchase a support plate that helps disperse the weight over a larger area then the safes footprint to be sure. This would also eliminate any possible denting the feet may have on your flooring surface/subfloor. If you can get the right equipment to get it up there and follow the above precautions I would say go for it.

I have a dry basement but fear of coming down to my basement and finding 2 feet of standing water gives me the chills of how the poor safe would hold up. Either way... a floor up or a floor down this thing would be a MONSTER to move.

If it is the ECB as the OP's specs elude to then it is the 45 minute fire rating.

36ECB ... 790 36 1200°/45 Minutes 71 x 36 x 24 35.5

http://www.rhinosafe...rnclassics.html

Keep in mind that if this thing is roughly 36" wide that's the width of an entry door and more then likely larger than most interior doors. usually around 30-34" wide. Measure and plan before this shows up delivery day and there's no way to get it in. This may pose a risk to me purchasing it unless I decide the garage will be its final resting place. Im realllly thinking about pulling the trigger.. hope they give color options.

If it is the ECB as the OP's specs elude to then it is the 45 minute fire rating.

Keep in mind that if this thing is roughly 36" wide that's the width of an entry door and more then likely larger than most interior doors. usually around 30-34" wide. Measure and plan before this shows up delivery day and there's no way to get it in. This may pose a risk to me purchasing it unless I decide the garage will be its final resting place. Im realllly thinking about pulling the trigger.. hope they give color options.

It's not very deep. Just turn it.. #3?

Item# is 647381 - 30 minute fire rating is stated in the sale catalog.

any other deals like this but on smaller model or is it just this one?

I have the bighorn 19ECB its 769 right now but it goes on sale all the time, it will go for around 599, and as I have said before to others it is the best bang for the buck hands down. If your looking for same size but your price range is around $1,000. Look at the rhino safes which are the US made line, they do have a model same size but all american made, heavier and the front door is a 3/8 inch solid plate not composite. More protection but almost double the price compared to the 19ECB.

I have the bighorn 19ECB its 769 right now but it goes on sale all the time, it will go for around 599, and as I have said before to others it is the best bang for the buck hands down. If your looking for same size but your price range is around $1,000. Look at the rhino safes which are the US made line, they do have a model same size but all american made, heavier and the front door is a 3/8 inch solid plate not composite. More protection but almost double the price compared to the 19ECB.

Are you saying this safe isn't good?

Are you saying this safe isn't good?

The safe is very good , see what you have to understand is, the difference between the crappiest safe and the best is the amount of time bought to protect the valuables. I have the 19ecb and it is really good for its money I paid 599 for it and it has a thicker shell more protection and more safety features then the liberty safe you can buy at lowes for 750. You have to buy the amount of time you feel is right for the potential threats you might incur. The other thing is, if your putting 20K+ worth the guns and valuables in a safe it doesn't make sense to spend 700 dollars on a safe, my rule of thumb and its just my opinion is you should spend about 10 percent of the overall items values on the cost of a safe.

So if its 20k in guns and valuables your safe should be in a 2k dollar price range, but of course shop smartly and really look at what your getting, whats door thickness, whats shell thickenss, what relockers does the safe have, how many bolts does it have and where are they located. These are all things to consider in your purchase.

Bottom line is for its price point the 19ecb is giving you the most time for the money spent and I love mine, I have sufficient protection for the value of assets in my safe and the threats were I live are in line with the level of protection I bought , the 36ecb is the big brother and is a larger version of the same safe.