fatty

New Member - North Jersey

Whats up everyone

New member from Bergen county! I posted earlier but reluctantly missed this section.

I'll probably see some of you guys out at bullet hole one of these days once I pick up my FPID/p2p and first pistol.

Joe

By the way, where abouts are you in Bergen? Depending on your town, you may be eligible to join the pistol club in Waldwick, but there is a waiting list.

I'm in the palisades park area which is close by the George Washington bridge.

Is there a cost to join the pistol club? are there any advantages to joining such as reduced ammo or range costs?

I appreciate the suggestion bigblue

I also wanted to ask if it was a common thing to ask a fellow range dweller to try out their pistols/rifles...

I'm trying to figure out what to buy as my first handgun but have only shot in .45 thru a kimber and xd45. I have no idea what a 9mm, .357, or a .40 feels like. I'd head to shore shot to rent a few but the bullet hole is about as far as I can get when I have some free time away from my wife and son.

does anyone know of any places that rent pistols or rifles around the Bergen area?

I'm in the palisades park area which is close by the George Washington bridge.

Is there a cost to join the pistol club? are there any advantages to joining such as reduced ammo or range costs?

I appreciate the suggestion bigblue

No problem, unfortunately Waldwick wouldn't be able to accept you. They allow a limited number of non-residents to join, but only if you are a resident of a town that utilizes the range for police qualifications. In your neck of the woods, you might want to look at the Tenafly pistol club. It's a lot closer to you, and they may be open to anyone who qualifies. I don't know their entrance qualifications, but there are members here who do belong to Tenafly.

Good Luck!

No problem, unfortunately Waldwick wouldn't be able to accept you. They allow a limited number of non-residents to join, but only if you are a resident of a town that utilizes the range for police qualifications. In your neck of the woods, you might want to look at the Tenafly pistol club. It's a lot closer to you, and they may be open to anyone who qualifies. I don't know their entrance qualifications, but there are members here who do belong to Tenafly.

Good Luck!

Oh wow I didnt even realize there was a pistol club close by. I just checked out their site but seems quite expensive for what I had in mind...

Thanks again for the info!

I also wanted to ask if it was a common thing to ask a fellow range dweller to try out their pistols/rifles...

I'm trying to figure out what to buy as my first handgun but have only shot in .45 thru a kimber and xd45. I have no idea what a 9mm, .357, or a .40 feels like. I'd head to shore shot to rent a few but the bullet hole is about as far as I can get when I have some free time away from my wife and son.

does anyone know of any places that rent pistols or rifles around the Bergen area?

Welcome, also from BC.

Closest place to Bergen that currently rents would be RTSP. Also keep an eye out for events and meet ups where I'm sure a fellow members wouldn't have an issue letting you put a few rounds through different pistols.

awesome, I'll have to check out RTSP sometime. it's pretty agonizing waiting for my FID and permit!! thanks to YouTube and hickock45 I can't sleep at night

thanks for all the welcoming and info guys

Had a great time at RTSP tonight. The Sig 229 .40 is a sweet handgun as well as the XD40. It was nice to feel the difference between the DA XD and the DA/SA 229. I don't really notice a difference between shooting .45 and .40 except that the .40 has a bit more muzzle flip to it. Big ups to RTSP and the brand new facility, but damn their ammo is expensive!

$35 for a box of 50 rds! I definitely spent way too much to test out 2 pistols tonight, but I think it was worth it.