I've been dying to try it and tonight offers a perfect opp. My kids all have stuff to do and my wife will be busy with them.

I've got a gun, servicable holster, 3 magazines, 2 mag pouches and ammo. I'm going for it.

Any advice for a noob?

Get there at 6:30 for the new shooter safety briefing. See if you can borrow a 4th mag, may come in handy. Other than that, have fun amd be safe.

i forgot to ask while at the match this morning, but is there steel this sunday ?

I though we did this earlier, and maybe even in this thread,, but I don't think so, at least not at OB. Now CJRPC has their steel match so you might want to head on down there and check it out, it's a great range and the also put on quality matches..

Mike, I wish i had access to the shotgun ranges otherwise we could stick around after the match for a few rounds of clays. Apparently you need to take a quick primer course on loading and operating the clayhouses before they enable your access. I wouldn't mind getting some pro tips from someone who knows thier way around a scattergun. :)

Have yet to meet anyone that was sorry they participated, but have meet many that said they wish they didn't just observe.. ;)

Thats it for me --- No more. I will never just be a spectator at one of these again.

Next time we shoot!!!

Myself and my 12 year old will participate in the next steel shoot -- see you there.

Thats it for me --- No more. I will never just be a spectator at one of these again.

Next time we shoot!!!

Myself and my 12 year old will participate in the next steel shoot -- see you there.

Heavyopp,

Did you and your son stop to watch JJ shoot a round, then check out an MP5 at a safe table?