Kaiser7

Rifle Ranges near Stratford NJ(08084)...Not SJSC

I always thought that Ft. Dix was less than an hour drive from me, but I guess I was wrong. Though I'm still leaning more towards R14, I'm just wondering if there are any other ranges in the area that aren't overpriced (coughSJSCcough) and aren't really far away. I know square circle is damn near impossible to join if you aren't connected, Hague's is crappy, USANA is a bit of a hike as well, and there really aren't any more rifle ranges that I know of around here.

Just figured I'd put the word out and see if anyone knew of any.

Im curious as to why you think that SJSC is overpriced.

It's $260 a year. That's more than a paycheck for me. Granted, I like that they have a 300yd range, or at least my neighbor told me that since his son is a member, but I rarely have $260 just sitting around. I'd rather buy ammo, or another gun with that much scratch.

Gotcha, yea they have 50/100/300 yard rifle ranges and 25 yard pistol range. IMHO $260 a year is a great deal, hell look at what a membership will cost you at Bobs, $300 a year for the unlimited membership or $150 for the limited and with the limited you still have to pay $6 per hour. Not to mention cant shoot rifles there. And I think Hauges is even worse @ like $400 year. OBRPC is like $700 the 1st year and around $400year after that, CJRPC is around $650 the 1st year, and like $250year after that.

It's $260 a year. That's more than a paycheck for me. Granted, I like that they have a 300yd range, or at least my neighbor told me that since his son is a member, but I rarely have $260 just sitting around. I'd rather buy ammo, or another gun with that much scratch.

With all respect, there's a difference between something not being affordable to you and something being overpriced. From what I've read, they do provide a good value for the price. And that's coming from someone who paid $400 for a 25-yard max indoor range, that provides no matches or programs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Gotcha, yea they have 50/100/300 yard rifle ranges and 25 yard pistol range. IMHO $260 a year is a great deal, hell look at what a membership will cost you at Bobs, $300 a year for the unlimited membership or $150 for the limited and with the limited you still have to pay $6 per hour. Not to mention cant shoot rifles there. And I think Hauges is even worse @ like $400 year. OBRPC is like $700 the 1st year and around $400year after that, CJRPC is around $650 the 1st year, and like $250year after that.

The thing is, I don't get a chance to get out and shoot much, though that may be a symptom of simply not belonging to a range. R14 is only $60 a year though. Not to mention that I've heard SJSC isn't big on people bringing non-members, and honestly, I would want to bring my friends with me to shoot sometimes.

The thing is, I don't get a chance to get out and shoot much, though that may be a symptom of simply not belonging to a range. R14 is only $60 a year though. Not to mention that I've heard SJSC isn't big on people bringing non-members, and honestly, I would want to bring my friends with me to shoot sometimes.

Telco in Atco has a 0 guest policy. I belong to SJSC. You can bring up to two guests with you each time you go. It cost $10 each. When you sign in at the range, fill out a guest envelope, put your $10 in, grab a guest badge and go have fun.

I looked around at different ranges before I joined, and SJSC seems to be the best bang for your buck. Also keep in mind it is well maintained. It's not just a hole in the ground to go shooting at. 99% of the people I have met there are very nice and the staff is a pleasure to deal with.

Telco in Atco has a 0 guest policy. I belong to SJSC. You can bring up to two guests with you each time you go. It cost $10 each. When you sign in at the range, fill out a guest envelope, put your $10 in, grab a guest badge and go have fun.

I looked around at different ranges before I joined, and SJSC seems to be the best bang for your buck. Also keep in mind it is well maintained. It's not just a hole in the ground to go shooting at. 99% of the people I have met there are very nice and the staff is a pleasure to deal with.

I just have to see if I can swing the $260. That's the main obstacle that prevents me from joining there, it's more than two weeks pay for me. When I was working two jobs it was no problem, but the second place I worked closed, and i haven't yet found a second job. Actually, I'm working on trying to get three jobs for the summer, but I doubt that will happen.

The biggest problem for people in our are, Kaiser, is that most of the ranges that are close/affordable are pistol only. Their is a club in Berlin, but it is pistol only. I wish we had something closer that allowed larger caliber rifles and was affordable. Bob's does allow rifles, but they have to be less than 1800 fps. You can shoot at .357 or . 45(Colt or ACP) there. I asked about rifles and was told as long as the velocity is less than 1800fps, then it is good to go. So pretty much any rifle chambered for a pistol cartridge is acceptable.

I just have to see if I can swing the $260. That's the main obstacle that prevents me from joining there, it's more than two weeks pay for me. When I was working two jobs it was no problem, but the second place I worked closed, and i haven't yet found a second job. Actually, I'm working on trying to get three jobs for the summer, but I doubt that will happen.

You need a new job. $3.25/hour is less than half minimum wage.

Not to mention that I've heard SJSC isn't big on people bringing non-members, and honestly, I would want to bring my friends with me to shoot sometimes.

I bring a guest with me about 80% of the time and none of them have ever felt not welcome at the club.

With all respect, there's a difference between something not being affordable to you and something being overpriced. From what I've read, they do provide a good value for the price. And that's coming from someone who paid $400 for a 25-yard max indoor range, that provides no matches or programs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

+1

SJS is a great deal. If I lived closer it would be a no brainier for me. Hauges was closer and indoors, I can swing by every week for some shooting. Next year I'm doing Sjs for the loner range and less attitude than what I get for Hagues for way too much money.

You're assuming he's full time. If its a retail job, I can almost guarantee he is not full time. Except for managers and key holders, retail stores DO NOT hire full time employees.

I'm a key holder, but part time. I work at a store called "Many Blessings" in the Echelon Mall (now called the Voorhees Town Center.)

Fingers crossed for minimum wage going up to $8.50 an hour July 1st!!

If minimum goes up, my boss is going to cut our hours accordingly, as we don't do enough business to pay the employees that much money. This is bad because not only do I need the money, but I want to work more, not just for the cash and experience, but I like working, and sitting around my house all day is lonely and depressing haha. I could use something to keep me busy during the day.

I can vouch the SJSC is an unbelievable range with GREAT people running it. 260.00 a year for their range is a bargain!!!

I originally considered going here, but I just don't see where I'm going to make the $260. I'm selling a bunch of stuff one ebay to fund my shooting hobby, but I'm running out of stuff to sell, or at least stuff that's really worth selling.

In all honesty, I'd prefer SJSC, because it's much closer, but, at the same time, I feel like that would eat up a good chunk of ammo money. I'm supposed to have some other job opportunities, but the unemployment rate for my age group is pretty darn high, it's hard to find better jobs.