panteramatt

Law on home intrusion?

Personally, I can't take someone's live over replacable property. This reminds me of road rage. In the heat of the moment, people do stupid things. Mentally prepared on what you would do in an emergency, so you don't make studpid decisions haunting you for the rest of your life.

HarryLee, I gather from what you are saying that you think if a 14 year old comes into your home and tries to take your tv that you have nothing to fear from him, and if you shot him you would essentially be killing an innocent boy who just made some bad decisions.

This situation brings up a whole boatload of questions. Sometimes you do not have the time to answer these questions. If I have a few seconds to decide on whether to allow this misguided youngster to take the product of my hard work, HOPING he is only there for the tv, or secure the safety of my 4 and 6 year old daughters as well as my wife and myself by pulling out my weapon and preparing to use it, I will choose securing safety all day long. This "boy" has now put himself in the position of forcing me to defend my home and familly and will hopefully run as fast as he can out of my house never to return. If he doesn't, he has now made the decision as to wether he lives or dies for me.

If you think that any normal Father or Mother of young children should put the safety of their loved ones second to the health and safety of a 14 year old criminal who is violating my sancuary, you are seriously misguided. Perhaps you were one of those innocent 14 year olds?

When all is said and done I would most definately feel terrible about ending such a promising criminal career this young man was heading for, but I would be ok. Time heals all wounds.

I am 99.

CAN THIS EVEN BE A REAL THREAD...

I mean HOLY HELL....... THROW DOWN GUN????????? WTF...this is ridiculous to EVEN THINK, let ALONE POST about it !.......

OP didn't write "throw-down" he wrote "throw away." I am 99.9% certain the implication is that you use a cheap Hi-Point for self defense and not your $2500 Les Baer 1911 because the gun will be confiscated by the police during the course of their investigation. OP was not suggesting planting a gun on the deceased intruder.