9supratt4

Have to share this.....

I am going to call them first thing in the morning in hopes that they haven't sent my P2P paperwork up for processing yet.

Does anyone know if the cards are at the local PD or do they come from the State?

I'd bet that your local PD would give you a new card as long as you brought the old tattered one back without much drama. I think the local PD just types up the card, embosses and signs it. So what if they sent your P2P in for processing? They are independent things.

I'd bet that your local PD would give you a new card as long as you brought the old tattered one back without much drama. I think the local PD just types up the card, embosses and signs it. So what if they sent your P2P in for processing? They are independent things.

Well the guy told me today when I picked up the card and dropped off the P2P that I could have saved time and the $18 for the Criminal Background Check form if I would have just filed both at the same time. I'm completely new to this whole process so I had no idea.

But I figure for a duplicate card they are probably going to go through the same checks and stuff as the initial card....that's if they don't laugh so hard and feel bad for me and just give me a new one lol.

Well the guy told me today when I picked up the card and dropped off the P2P that I could have saved time and the $18 for the Criminal Background Check form if I would have just filed both at the same time. I'm completely new to this whole process so I had no idea.

But I figure for a duplicate card they are probably going to go through the same checks and stuff as the initial card....that's if they don't laugh so hard and feel bad for me and just give me a new one lol.

Don't call it a duplicate card. Tell them your FID card got damaged but you still have it and you'd like to return it and get a replacement card.

"you're not going to believe this but I just picked up my FID card yesterday and my dog chewed it. Can I bring it back and get a replacement card?"

Did they find it funny? Did you take a pic of the doggie? Glad to hear you got friendly, fast service. Now write the chief a letter thanking him and his staff for the help. It might help the next person in line who might need some intervention.