Jim Hartman

Help finding 15rnd 74 mags

Yeah, they can block your mags. But they are gonna end up being 50 bucks a piece at the minimum with shipping and pinning service, that's way too pricey. I'd rather just be patient and wait for them to get a shipment in...20 bucks each is much more reasonable. Or at least wait until one of the numerous businesses gets 74 mags in stock that aren't $40-100 friggin dollars for a god damn bakelite magazine. Ridiculous.

I did call Mtn Armory, the wholesale cost of 74 mags are over 30 dollars and they said there just to expensive to make any.Im just going to use 10's for now.

Woa, I think I paid 20$ per 15 rnd 74 mag from them about a year ago.

If anyone has the 10rd saiga mags that come with saigas/arsenals I just modified mine by cutting about 1/3 of the spring off, shortening the follower and baseplate and now it holds 15rds. I haven't fired the rifle yet but it seems to cycle rounds fine by hand even though the spring tension seems a little soft when you're down to the last round.

It's easy to convert Tapco 10rd 5.45x39 mags to hold 15 rounds. Just shorten the follower, no need to shorten the spring.

I just did one in about 15 minutes (took some sanding to get the length right, but once you know how much to cut off, it's a 5 min job)