Sign in to follow this  
BlackOps Badger

Shot my first bear last week!

230 pounds!

18ae5bde.jpg

50cb453b.jpg

f278cc42.jpg

Also caught my first Northern Pike while out there. 50 inches, 30 pounds.

ada5bf9a.jpg

We were in Northern Quebec. About 300 miles from any sort of civilization. If you type in Lac Suzanne, QU, CA into google maps it will give you an idea about where we were. Had a great time. It was my first time hunting since I was 17. I took my bear with my Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine, using .308 Federal Fusion in 180gr. Such beautiful country out there. Almost completely untouched. One night sitting in my blind I even heard wolves howling pretty close to me. That was beautiful and terrifying at the same time. lol

230 pounds! Also caught my first Northern Pike while out there. 50 inches, 30 pounds. We were in Northern Quebec. About 300 miles from any sort of civilization. If you type in Lac Suzanne, QU, CA into google maps it will give you an idea about where we were. Had a great time. It was my first time hunting since I was 17. I took my bear with my Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine, using .308 Federal Fusion in 180gr. Such beautiful country out there. Almost completely untouched. One night sitting in my blind I even heard wolves howling pretty close to me. That was beautiful and terrifying at the same time. lol

Catch any Walleye?

You can catch so much fish in Canada you could have fish for every meal. Lotsa bones in them Pike. A couple of years ago, drove from Duluth north to the end of the road at Pickle Lake, ON then got on a seaplane for an hour flight north to the camp. The lake was at 52d 56' 45N and 90d 15' 28W. Spent the week.

Nice job...

I went hunting bear once.... They told me to put my clothes back on.

Sorry, couldn't resist.... ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

TERRIBLE!! I forgot my bug jacket one day that we went out to the lake and I paid dearly for it. My whole head was swollen. My beard was full of blood. I'm still suffering a little bit.

Black flies are the state bird in both Canada and Maine. :D

I've been wanting to do a combo fishing/hunting trip like this for a while now and was actually talking with my stepdad yesterday about it. Looks like an awesome time. I hope one day I can do it. But we all know $$ talks.