Rocad

New Member - West Milford (Hewitt)

Hello Everyone,

New to this forum.

Been into guns and shooting my whole life. Have quite a few firearms (3 AR15's, 5 or 6 other rifles, 2 Trap guns and several pistols). Have been a member of Cherry Ridge for 15+ years and helped out with ShotGuns during the events they hold.

I found this forum while searching for a gunsmith that can do trigger jobs...mainly on my AR's for now.

Thanks!

FWIW - It might be cheaper to buy a quality drop in trigger assembly for your AR. I'm an AR armorer and depending on who made your trigger, just getting a new one might be your best bet. I don't want to slam anyone's baby, but during our class, we were shown a butt load of poor quality machining that came from essentially two manufacturers.....<cough> Bushmaster<cough> Olymipic <cough>. :pardon:

Welcome Northern NJ person...

Wow Wojo.... I didn't think my Bushmaster was that bad.... Just average. :o

FWIW - It might be cheaper to buy a quality drop in trigger assembly for your AR. I'm an AR armorer and depending on who made your trigger, just getting a new one might be your best bet. I don't want to slam anyone's baby, but during our class, we were shown a butt load of poor quality machining that came from essentially two manufacturers..... Bushmaster Olymipic . :pardon:

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

I can only tell you what our instructor told and showed us. It wasn't just his word, we had the parts in our hands to inspect and learn from. There isn't a perfect company out there. But some take a little more pride in thier work and others rely on name recognition and being priced for the masses. Sometimes things slip by QC...and sometimes, there just isn't a QA program in place. YMMV.

Yo bhunted...you a shallow water sailor? Plankowner here... CGC Northland and then AD in Alaska.

San Diego huh?...The Northland (before we were commissioned and home ported in Portsmouth) used to moor up at the Naval Base Anti Submarine Warfare pier when we were playing around Baja to the Canal. Ahh, Tijuana in 1984 during shakedown was a blast.