Clintoon Eastwood

I'm a new member at EFGA from 07083 NJ

I talked to one of the board members at EFGA on Friday and he told me he would show me around on Monday, but I couldn't wait. I NEEDED(wanted) to shoot today and I did just that for about 4-5 hours with no interruptions, except for the occasional target changing.

$60 a year for the first year and then $30 after that. Also $30 for a guest pass for the whole year. It's about 1 hr and 15-20 minutes from me but at this price it's a NO brianer. I got their at 11:30ish and nobody was at the pistol range. I thought it was gonna be packed on a fathers day weekend and it's a Saturday. 2-3 people showed up within the first 1 hour then only 5-6 people shooting when I left around 4:30 at the pistol range.

Yes it's about an hour and some change for me to drive, but until the bridgewater club starts to accept new members again, them I guess I will have to suck it up and drive. I would love to keep my business in jersey but nothing too reasonable for me with only 2 firearms in my opinion. I work too hard for money to be paying 200-400 a year(my opinion).

So overall it was a very AWESOME DAY. I picked up my temporary membership card at SARCO's and then went straight to the range, how easy it that? Thank you EFGA.

Nice, I met another member here at Bullseye picking a very nice piece of hardware and he mentioned Easton. So after you become a member, do you still need to pay per hour?

My brother-in-law lives in PA and we pass by Easton quick often. I've been with him to a few different ranges in PA where he has membership though those are likely 3-4 hours away from where I am. I've been looking for an outdoor range also.

Nice, I met another member here at Bullseye picking a very nice piece of hardware and he mentioned Easton. So after you become a member, do you still need to pay per hour?

My brother-in-law lives in PA and we pass by Easton quick often. I've been with him to a few different ranges in PA where he has membership though those are likely 3-4 hours away from where I am. I've been looking for an outdoor range also.

$60 first year and $30 after that. $30 for a guest pass and you can bring any guest. I am more than happy with my decision, people were very friendly and 5 out of 7 cars at the pistol range were from NJ. 2 guys that I talked to at the range from PA said it amazes him every weekend that he sees more NJ people than PA.

So after you become a member, do you still need to pay per hour?

Only if I am there. I collect an additonal $20/hr fee from unsuspecting NJ members. It helps to cover rising ammo costs.

Of course I am just kidding. It's a great club and we are lucky to have it so close. It used to be even closer across from the old club house next to Chrins. It can get a little crowed on weekends but thats to be expected. Well worth the money IMHO.

So you were that guy that was aking me for a $20 earlier? Hahaha

Today I saw about 12 people(shooting) in the pistol range within the 4-5 hours I was there. I was extremely happy today and I will be definetly be going back within this week or maybe next Saturday.

I've been looking to join EFGA for a while now for the very same reasons. All indoor ranges around here are lacking and the outdoor ranges/clubs are too expensive. Anyone with a guest pass looking to go to Easton any time soon? I'd love to check it out before I comit.

I've been looking to join EFGA for a while now for the very same reasons. All indoor ranges around here are lacking and the outdoor ranges/clubs are too expensive. Anyone with a guest pass looking to go to Easton any time soon? I'd love to check it out before I comit.

I might just get a guest pass, we will see because I have a couple of friends that want to check it out also. Let me shoot your AR and I will think about getting the pass even more, hahAha

I'm from Roselle Park and go to EFGA. It's really not that bad of a drive for me (maniac driver). I like it there. It's just a nice atmosphere and nice people. Just keep an eye out for the old man RO. He can be a little picky sometimes. It only cost me $30+$30 when I joined...I think.

Check out the calendar  for Friday, I think it said IDPA 12- something late. I might just go on a Thursday
Thanks I don't usually check till the day I go I might go next week now I just got a hi point 9mm carbine I need to fire for the first time Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Check out the calendar for Friday, I think it said IDPA 12- something late. I might just go on a Thursday

Friday's just the IDPA setup on the special events range. The actual match is Saturday with some range closures. I'm planning on going to the match, anyone else going to be there?

I have been going to easton for years, and never once on a weekend. Seems its calming down out there?

Still gets pretty crowded sometimes on the weekends, especially the rifle range. I try to go during the week whenever I can, but often go on Saturdays. It's great during the week; sometimes you get the whole range to yourself.

Friday's just the IDPA setup on the special events range. The actual match is Saturday with some range closures. I'm planning on going to the match, anyone else going to be there?

Where is the special events range? Also I might just watch my first match, maybe

Where is the special events range? Also I might just watch my first match, maybe

Behind the locked gate to the left of the rifle range, I don't think you can use it besides during events/matches. If you come on Saturday I'd bring a gun (and ammo/mags/holster/mag pouches) in case you decide to shoot. It's a lot more fun to shoot than stand around and watch other people shoot! :p There were a lot of first time IDPA shooters last month (including me). If you decide to come you should get there around 10:00am.

Behind the locked gate to the left of the rifle range, I don't think you can use it besides during events/matches. If you come on Saturday I'd bring a gun (and ammo/mags/holster/mag pouches) in case you decide to shoot. It's a lot more fun to shoot than stand around and watch other people shoot! :p There were a lot of first time IDPA shooters last month (including me). If you decide to come you should get there around 10:00am.

I'm definetly bringing a couple of things. But as far as holsters, we can holster at the range? Or is it only for matches?

I love the little smiley faces that's moving, too bad I can't do that with this tablet I'm using. All I can do is this :)

Ok back to the subject of drawing, I thought it said on the rules page that we couldn't. But I'm gonna try that, I never tried it with a loaded gun.

I love the little smiley faces that's moving, too bad I can't do that with this tablet I'm using. All I can do is this :)

Ok back to the subject of drawing, I thought it said on the rules page that we couldn't. But I'm gonna try that, I never tried it with a loaded gun.

Oh you're right, it does say you can't practice drawing at the pistol range. You'll have to use the training range for that. Just be conscious of your trigger finger while drawing and reholstering.

I would highly suggest doing numerous dry-fire practice sessions at home before using live ammo. Just a suggestion.

I might be going on saturday morning if anyone wants to join me. A buddy of mine might go as well, there will be like 6 AK's, 2 SBR's, and a ton of other fun things.

Sounds like a good time. It'd be fun to have a meet at the range sometime, I could bring my ARs and AK as well; however, I wouldn't plan on doing it this Saturday. The rifle range will be closed for the IDPA match.

Please shoot me a PM if you're willing to guest me in. I could make it this Saturday morning but it would have to be a commitment because I'm 1 hour away. I'm looking to sight in my 15-22 but would be willing to bring some other stuff too.