Twospot

FINALLY got to the range with the new Glock 19

After having my Glock for almost two weeks I finally got to the range on Saturday to try out my G19. The wife and I went. To my surprise before we went in she gave me my Fathers Day gift. It was a gift certificate for a membership at Shore Shot. I was thrilled! It just got better. We sent about 150 rounds down range and I couldn't have been happier. I did have a few casings to the head with the 115 gr WWB but no failures. I was more accurate with the glock than my ruger sr22. I am ecstatic with the purchase and can't wait to get back to the range.

Good stuff. It's a great gun. Now, which gun are you going to pick out of the display case for the wife?

I'd LOVE too but she doesn't have her FID yet. She is having a hard time finding friends to be references. They want NOTHING to do with firearms. Once we get that squared away she will be on her way and I will buy her whatever she would like!

Glad you like it but...is it acceptable to be hit in the face with shell casings nowadays?

That's a good question. I was aware of the issue because I did a ton of research. I also know its with weaker ammo. To me that is not a "reliability" issue. I read nothing other than how great this gun is outside of that issue. In a HD scenario am I really going to care if a casing hits my head? No. Chances are it won't be an issue using hotter cleaner higher quality ammo for HD. Conversely, my Ruger SR22 totally launches the casings. Its actually humorous how fast and powerful they eject. They bounce off the wall and hit me at times at the range. I can ask the same question, is it acceptable that the casings hit me because it ejects TOO far? Its a non-issue for me at this point. If I start getting failures that will be a different story.

It's a fine gun. Consider getting the .22LR Conversion kit from Advantage Arms. You'll save a lot of money on ammo.

I do have a Ruger SR22 for cheap shooting. I do understand I will be able to hold the same frame with the conversion kit but I couldn't justify the purchase especially after spending almost a grand on guns in the last 3 months LOL.

That's a good question. I was aware of the issue because I did a ton of research. I also know its with weaker ammo. To me that is not a "reliability" issue. I read nothing other than how great this gun is outside of that issue. In a HD scenario am I really going to care if a casing hits my head? No. Chances are it won't be an issue using hotter cleaner higher quality ammo for HD. Conversely, my Ruger SR22 totally launches the casings. Its actually humorous how fast and powerful they eject. They bounce off the wall and hit me at times at the range. I can ask the same question, is it acceptable that the casings hit me because it ejects TOO far? Its a non-issue for me at this point. If I start getting failures that will be a different story.

Sorry, didn't mean to say that the physical impact of the shell casing was the problem. Meant the erratic ejection could be a sign that your casings were dinging the ejection port in an odd manner leading to stovepipes and other failures. But it seems like you are going to test the crap out of it (as should anyone) before putting it as your go-to HD gun anyway so it was a moot point. Sorry if it seemed like a jab.

this a gen 3 or gen 4? i'm struggling on what one to get at this point. The bigger grip pad i'm thinking on gen 4 would be better for me... BUT gen 3 = proven

should i gen 3 it? maybe i'll start a new post

Go with the Gen4. You will not ne dissapointed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Winchester White Box. I picked up some Federal Champion so I'll be trying that this weekend. After that I think I will be using Speer Lawman as my standard range ammo. I hear its great stuff for the price. You'll love the G19 man. Its so fun. I have a Ruger SR22P. I couldnt believe how much more accurate I am with the Glock. Enjoy it bro!

Glad you like it but...is it acceptable to be hit in the face with shell casings nowadays?

That doesn't seem to be a problem unless aluminum cases are ejected.