http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/romanian-wasr10

I was thinking about a saiga in 7.62x39 as my next gun but I didn't want to worry about the conversion and the 922r law. I found this this deal on a pretty good looking romanian ak. Not sure about the 992r compliance but other than that being in question it looks like it's good to go excluding pinning or getting different mags. Also seems like a good deal considering a saiga 7.62 sporter is about $450 plus at least another $150 for the conversion.

PK 90 can order it and make it NJ legal for a really good price. I just learned I need a refrigerator repair person, otherwise I'd have him order it today. Maybe the frige won't be too expensive.

$499 is more than $450 ;)

Yes, I understand the concept of numbers and their value. But for $499 you get a rifle that is already "built", but that $450 price tag for the Saiga gets you a 10 round mag, a shitty FCG, cheap furniture, and no pistol grip. More money needs to be invested to get a similar rifle to the $499 rifle you listed. I'm trying to inform you that the rifle you listed may not be comparable to the Saiga. I can't comment on the reliability of that rifle or its FCG, but the furniture looks like it's about as sturdy as the stock Saiga furniture. You're taking a gamble that you'll be getting a sub-par rifle.

I absolutly agree with you, and thats part of the reason why I posted it in the deal section. Seems like a pretty good deal minus pinning or ditching the mags and rendoring the bayonet lug useless.... maybe $100 max at a typical ffl?

Depending on what works needs to be done, maybe less. You may be able to get Classic Firearms to keep the mags, and take a couple bucks off, then buy your own pinned mags somewhere. I would think the work that needs to be done would cost less than $100, but it's best to shop around your area.

And I was actually saying that this is a BAD deal due to the quality of parts you're likely to get ;)

Thats a GP75, total piece of crap. A WASR-10 would be a leauge ahead of that. Just ask Ray Ray. He had one that wouldnt shoot...

Also Shawn, cutting the "bolt" (I presume you mean bayonet lug) off would not help you at all since it still needs the brake either welded on or removed with the threads destroyed.

Also Shawn, cutting the "bolt" (I presume you mean bayonet lug) off would not help you at all since it still needs the brake either welded on or removed with the threads destroyed.

shouldn't need it. looks like that 45 degree comp is part of the barrel and there's no threads on that

It's not a straw purchase. It's a legal transfer. He buys a gun legal in his state. We convert it in his garage. Then me being a legal gun owner buys it from his and actually transfers ownership. Will have all paperwork and my fid as needed.

shouldn't need it. looks like that 45 degree comp is part of the barrel and there's no threads on that

Having had a few through my shop and personally welding the threaded brakes on, I disagree.

No AK style rifle has an integral comp like that

It's not a straw purchase. It's a legal transfer. He buys a gun legal in his state. We convert it in his garage. Then me being a legal gun owner buys it from his and actually transfers ownership. Will have all paperwork and my fid as needed.

If he's out of state add the FFL fee and NICS to the price.

Why? It's a long gun, do I need to buy a long gun through an ffl through a private party?

AFAIK, Federal law says no face to face private sales of any gun (long gun or handgun) if the partys live in different states. It has to be done through an FFL

2. Long gun purchases by

....A. NJ resident from

........(1) NJ dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

........(2) NJ resident = face to face with a FPID, COE with Photo ID suggested

........(3) Out-of-state dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

........(4) Out-of-state resident = must be transferred through

............a. NJ dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID or

............b. Out-of-state dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

In the context of United States federal gun laws, a straw purchase is defined as any purchase from a dealer holding a Federal Firearms License where the buyer conducting the transaction is acting as a proxy for another person. The law does not distinguish between someone who is purchasing on behalf of a person who legally cannot purchase or possess a firearm, and one who is not.

Your friend would be buying a firearm with the intention of transferring it to you.

I'm gonna have a buddy in del order it and just let him keep the mags and cut the bolt off myself. Bam problem solved.

I should have done that with my ar but I paid extra for a orc

I think you mean your friend in Delaware is going to buy it for himself, and maybe if he is interested in selling it after, you could help him modify it to make it NJ legal and then buy it from him.

Thats a GP75, total piece of crap. A WASR-10 would be a leauge ahead of that. Just ask Ray Ray. He had one that wouldnt shoot...

WASR-10 all the way. Or see what JETagent or PK-90 can get you that would be just as good.