RubberBullets

Would you ride out the Apocalypse in a Hyundai?

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Hyundai-Zombie-Vehicle-Apocalypse,news-15730.html

hyundai-zombie-survival-machine,C-V-343903-13.jpg

In preparation for this year's Comic-Con, Hyundai has joined in on the zombie apocalypse frenzy with the unveiling of its latest concept vehicle, the Zombie Survival Machine. Pretty much exactly what it sounds like, the Zombie Survival Machine is a heavily modified Hyundai Elantra optimized for plowing through armies of the undead.

Teaming up with zombie apocalypse expert and graphic novel creator Robert Kirkman, Hyundai and Design Craft Fabrication created the vehicle with custom add-ons such as a spike-filled zombie plow, roof hatch for passenger-enabled zombie shotgunning, armored window coverings, all-terrain tires, radio system and, of course, a plethora of weapons and storage compartments.

Hoping to account for just about every disaster situation, Hyundai promises to bring even more features on board. While a Hyundai Elantra probably isn't the first vehicle you would think of turning to for mowing down hordes of hungry zombies, we have to admit the company has created one mouth-watering concept. Sadly, we probably won't be seeing these bad boys enter production any time soon, so if the apocalypse comes, you'll just have to duct tape some samurai swords to your Prius and hope for the best.

This thing doesn't have enough ground clearance, in my opinion, to be all that much useful for the intended situations. I'd want to be at least 2-3 more foot off the ground, to handle various obstacles which are guaranteed to be present.

Ranger Rover, yes.... Hyundai.... yeah, ok. It will fall apart after 40k miles. =P

(not to say that the Ranger Rover will last even half that.... but it does have far superior off road.)

The biggest issues with Hyundais are typically the dealerships that sell them. They treat you like a POS and try to hard sell you.... and that is the only reason I would never buy a Hyundai, and will spend more on perhaps a less reliable brand, such as Mercedes, BMW, or Audi, however at least be treated like a human being. =)

Hyundai? not bloody likely....A 05 Toyota Landcruiser turbo diesel with a overland safari package and a snorkel perhaps but a Sonata on bath salts? Never.

Ranger Rover, yes.... Hyundai.... yeah, ok. It will fall apart after 40k miles. =P

(not to say that the Ranger Rover will last even half that.... but it does have far superior off road.)

The biggest issues with Hyundais are typically the dealerships that sell them. They treat you like a POS and try to hard sell you.... and that is the only reason I would never buy a Hyundai, and will spend more on perhaps a less reliable brand, such as Mercedes, BMW, or Audi, however at least be treated like a human being. =)

Hey now - Newer Hyundais work just fine. Couple little issues with mine but nothing serious. It also depends on what dealership you go to. It helps to know someone...