From the Range 14 web site:

13. No targets should exceed more than five feet in height.

14. Paper targets, plastic jugs, tin cans, plywood targets (no more than 1/8 of an inch thick), and clay targets, are acceptable targets. Above ground targets must be a minimum of 15 yards and all ground targets 25 yards.

15. Glass bottles, bowling pins, plywood (more than 1/8 of an inch thick), or batteries are NOT permitted to be shot on Range 14.

16. ALL metal targets must be inspected by Range 14 staff, and be a minimum of 200 yards, upon approval.

I use target holder that were bought from one of the vendors online here. They work great for paper cardboard. I also use some clay birds as targets you don't have to clean those up when done. You can use plastic bottles like 2 liter soda bottles but you have to clean them up when done. You can use steel on the rifle side but only out at the 200 yard point. You cannot use any fruit, glass or exploding targets!! If you make your own targets make sure you have some way to keep them anchored as the wind out there gets pretty good. They offer targets, they are $3 each and they are on wooden strips that you need to put into the ground. They have post hole diggers to use and also rent spotting scopes. I really like the range, I just don't like what some of the people do there, at least now the RO walks the line to see if any idiots are doing the wrong thing!!! For the price you cannot beat this place!! Also you can shoot .22 rifles on the pistol side.... Good luck

The $3 targets are about 30"hx 20"w mounted on a 2"x1/2"

You can make a decent target holding frame out of 1" - 1.5" PVC If you do not glue the frame into the base it is easy to break down and secure in a trunk for transport.

You really can't beat the price, and I much prefer the outdoor range (weather permitting). I have never had to wait, but I usually get there right at 0800. You can call ahead though if you think it might be a busy day.

The RO is pretty strict, but I don't see that as a bad thing, I am also glad to see they have guys walking the line to look for stupid activity.

I was out last saturday around noon (and about 100 Degrees F). I had just arrived and was watching two guys on the adjacent station while waiting for the cease fire. I noticed one guy is standing IN FRONT of the table, leaning back on the table and shooting. I was thinking where is the RO, they are usually right on that. Then I see one of the ROs running over and yelling at the guy to move back behind the safety line. The guy starts to turn toward me (to move back) with his 9mm still drawn and sweeping toward me. So I duck and run back toward my car. Once the 9 was secured I walked over and hear the RSO yelling at him "Did you see that guy running away" and "keep the muzzle pointed down range at al times" etc. So it seems like they do keep pretty good watch over the range.

I am also considering CJRPC. It is about the same distance for me, a lot more money, but it has more facilities and 24x7 access.

If you bring your own target you're supposed to get it inspected by a RO before you set it out. I use a 1x2 frame with cardboard stapled to the frame. That is cool. Pretty much everyone gets yelled at there by the RO. I know I do. Some guys were out at 50 yards down range. My green flag was up as I was done my down range activity. I was back by the safety fence when something blew off my table. I ran 1 yard in front of my table to pick it up but didn't change my flag color. The RO yelled at me. He was a bit inexperienced. The RO then got into a verbal fight with the guys next to me after they picked up a target at their table during cease fire.

One thing to know at Range 14 is that there are two sides: pistol and rifle. Pistol goes out 50 yds and 200 for rifle.

Range 14 cost $60 to join plus $4 per person per hour (up from $3 last year). I shot regularly and often brought guests/family. I was amazed at how fast it added up to $300+ last year at $3/person/hr. Fearing it would be closer to $400 this year, I did not renew. When my membership expired in April, I moved to CJRPC in Jackson. I love it there and I will never look back.

If you live close to R14, you probably live close to Jackson. I recommend checking out CJRPC.

My biggest complaints with Range 14 are:

1) The incessant reciting of the rules over the PA system: You can't even enjoy yourself or have a conversation with your kids because the constant banter is so loud.

2) Now with the new line inspection, cease-fires are 15 minutes long: You only get to shoot for two 15 min sessions per hour.

3) The RSO's think they are LEO's and get nosey about the legality of firearms they see on the line. I heard stories of RSO's calling the cops on people.

I live in Mt Holly and work in Lumberton actually. I don't plan to go that often. I have 1 handgun and have no plans for more right now. I hope to get to the range once a month but will probably make it to the range 8 or 9 times over the next year which at the most would cost me $40 so $100 total.

I live in Mt Holly and work in Lumberton actually. I don't plan to go that often. I have 1 handgun and have no plans for more right now. I hope to get to the range once a month but will probably make it to the range 8 or 9 times over the next year which at the most would cost me $40 so $100 total.

Hey Neighbor! I live in Lumberton.

I should have also said my parents belong to Cherry Ridge and they have several guns. I will go to CR at least twice during the year. Range14 really fits my needs perfectly. If I still live here when I get some more firearms then I would join CJRPC. At the current time though it doesn't make sense to spend $400 when I'm only going to shoot a pistol for an hour at a time.