OBRAMS

OBRAMS – Rifle Only Match- July 21, 2012 @ OBRPC

Thanks for the help guys we both appreciate the support from fellow shooters ... But rules are rules. Iggy did contact me with the requirements and we'll work on fulfilling them. He might be 14 before we get everything done.

We've never seen one of these matches before but I'm going to try and shoot this saturday and Jake will be spectator if he decides to tag along.

Jer

Thanks for the help guys we both appreciate the support from fellow shooters ... But rules are rules. Iggy did contact me with the requirements and we'll work on fulfilling them. He might be 14 before we get everything done.

We've never seen one of these matches before but I'm going to try and shoot this saturday and Jake will be spectator if he decides to tag along.

Jer

By the time he's 14 and the way he shoots, get him into USPSA also, I can see Jake by the time he's 14 getting raked at least a C shooter if not a B, heck with the 22 in OBRAMS if we were ranked like we are in USPSA he would be a high C to Low B right now.

Harry -- That was the thought behind OBRAMS -- Get him started with the USPSA format with a .22 rimfire -- I just did some reading at USPSA.org , I can't seem to find anything on minimum age requirements -- Maybe your right, scratch the .22 and start right in with a 9mm -- I'd have to find a 9 that fits his hands, maybe a 1911 9mm -- He really needs single stack to be able to get his hands around the grip -- I don't own a 9mm -- Never really liked the caliber -- It might be time to take Mike up on his offer and go shoot some different stuff and see what Jake likes

Jer

Harry -- That was the thought behind OBRAMS -- Get him started with the USPSA format with a .22 rimfire -- I just did some reading at USPSA.org , I can't seem to find anything on minimum age requirements -- Maybe your right, scratch the .22 and start right in with a 9mm -- I'd have to find a 9 that fits his hands, maybe a 1911 9mm -- He really needs single stack to be able to get his hands around the grip -- I don't own a 9mm -- Never really liked the caliber -- It might be time to take Mike up on his offer and go shoot some different stuff and see what Jake likes

Jer

I have the CZ 85 Combat he can try out, others have the STI in 9mm, and probably a few others will chime in with what they have. I know I'd have no problems letting him get some shooting in with the CZ and I'd bet some of the others wouldn't have a problem letting him try their guns. The next time we are going to be shooting, maybe this Sunday, IIRC I think there is a steel match. If it's on and I can make it, I'll have the gun with me and some nice shooting 9mm loads. Going to load up a few hundred rounds today when I get home today.