Jfoster99

Can I carry this as a firearm?

A friend purchased this off the Internet about 10 years ago. It came direct from France. I was opened and taped.

Would this be considered a firearm?

Would it be considered a weapon and not be carried in states that only allow firearms?

Has anyone ever seen or read about this or something similar?

I he sells it does it need to go thru an FFL?

How much should he ask?

Would you consider carrying it as a primary or backup?

I fired it at 2 pieces of sheet rock and it went right through both of them and keeps going.

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zfQdUD-FKZs/UAi2V-M6J0I/AAAAAAAAZ5w/q8u7fQ4bbS8/s2048/IMAGE_F51A60CB-33C1-4BD0-B036-F4AD357EA09B.JPG

It's a blank gun with an adapter to fire a projectile.... I'd still consider it as a gun.

^^^ This.

It is a gun by definition. You do not get the paintball gun exemption (airgun w/ projectile greater than 3/8") because it is fired by an explosive device.

"Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

Sorry.

ETA:

And, even if you could somehow construe the definition of a firearm such that the paintball gun exception applied, you would need to perminently paint the muzzel device a conspicuous shade of bright red or orange.

And, even if you could somehow construe the definition of a firearm such that the paintball gun exception applied, you would need to perminently paint the muzzel device a conspicuous shade of bright red or orange.

Paintball guns do not need an orange tip, and I believe airsoft only needs to be sold with the tip orange. Once you have it I think you can do what you please with it.

If you feel like pointing it at a cop you'll probably be leaking warm fluid shortly thereafter

The blank firing gun is likely not a firearm if it can't readily be converted to fire real ammo.

Attach the muzzle device that launches things, and it changes categories. No idea if batfe cares, but some states will move it into the firearm category.

A federal equivalent would be the cartridge conversions for black powder guns. Buy it as a bp gun, it's not regulated. Buy the cylinder it's not regulated. Put them together and it's a firearm that is regulated.