gunguy1960

ruger 10/22 full auto

Fostech outdoors has a conversion kit, the springless AA2 kit for 10/22 to provide higher rate of fire. Anyone see legal problem with this in nj? Is front vertical grip ok? Yes its expensive, yes no one needs one, and yes it looks cheap, now, back to the question at hand, does anyone see a potental legal problem with this in nj?

Is it fun? Then its illegal.

But seriously, isn't this the same as the Slidefire? Something about how if there's no spring inside to return this to battery (you do it yourself with forward pressure) then it's ok. Or something like that.

EDIT: many discussions come up here http://njgunforums.c...ol-nor-a-rifle/ especially towards the end

Actually Im looking for specific legal problems relating to nj law, if any exist with this specific item, the possible problem with slide fire is the stock does have varying length in relationship to the reciever, yes its a stretch, but someone could try to burn you saying its collapseable. The fostech doesnt do that. Anyone else?

There's machine guns and there's semi automatic weapons.

Then there's a whole range of Bubba'd up, Tapcofugged monstrosity on the internet, ranging from all the special bump fire stocks way down to the moron who spot welds the bolt carrier on his SKS.

Considering full auto wiithout a tax stamp is a FEDERAL crime, that ATF interpretations and opinions make NJSP seem solid and consistent, and that the ATF has, not exaggerating here, deemed anything from malfunctioning ARs to shoe laces as machine guns in the past, it seems extremely dumb to play around with any of this stuff. But, to each his own.

not exaggerating here, deemed anything from malfunctioning ARs to shoe laces as machine guns in the past, it seems extremely dumb to play around with any of this stuff. But, to each his own.

Wait, explain how the shoelaces were believed to be machineguns?

Wait, explain how the shoelaces were believed to be machineguns?

Its the ATF. One of their agents modified an Airsoft gun to shoot a single live round, and tried to classify them as rifles and subject to Gun Laws.

As to the question fielded by the OP:

Illegal. NJSP deemed the slide fire and bumbski stocks as 'full auto devices' and therefore illegal to have in the state of New Jersey. If you get it and get caught, then have fun being someones cup cake.

Its the ATF. One of their agents modified an Airsoft gun to shoot a single live round, and tried to classify them as rifles and subject to Gun Laws.

As to the question fielded by the OP:

Illegal. NJSP deemed the slide fire and bumbski stocks as 'full auto devices' and therefore illegal to have in the state of New Jersey. If you get it and get caught, then have fun being someones cup cake.

I remember that, despite the fact that even a tokyo marui wouldn't be able to hand 50,000+ PSI, since they are made to with stand moving parts and slamming pistons, not the actual pressures generated from gunpowder.

I do remember their "Special" agent try placing in the magazine of an M4 style airsoft gun backwards....

I know somebody who owns a pair of 10-.22's and the "Crank" handle set-up to operate them in tandem, thus enabling said operator to fire both at once, in alternating style, doubling the rate of fire. It creates the illusion of full-auto, but with only 15 round mags, said illusion is over with pretty quick........

Possibly the OP was asking about this???????

Thanks for the input, only in closing I would remind everyone that while njsp can give their individual personal wisdom, they do not get to decide what is legal or not, that is decided by others and written into the law code books. How we seperate the truth from the you know what is to simply ask for it in writing, if someone cant produce that, well then its just fertilizer. Some write laws,some enforce laws. And yes, when all is said and done, if they consider your paperclip a firearm they can take you in and make your life hell, afterall this is nj.

Just when you thought you herd everything.............. :facepalm:

One thing to note however..the Tech branch didnt just make that letter up out of the Blue.. SOMEONE Actually ASKED them if the string used in that manner would constitute an MG.

That doesn't meet the defination of 'telescoping'. Even though it moves, the stock remains the same OA length regardless. It doesn't move into itself, no telescoping.

at the end of the day if the stock moves even a fraction of an inch they can play the telescoping stock game..