jamestnc

Houston I think I have a problem

jamestnc- you have mail

If this detective acted like the OP stated, then he has most likely acted like this before to someone else. It's unethical, unprofessional and leaves people with a bad impression of the department. I would report him to their IA bureau for an outburst like that. As long as your background is clean they won't be able to not give you the P2P. My guess, is that it won't take much longer than normal to get it.

I think calling after 3 weeks is a bit short, I'd give them at least 1.5 months before calling.

Even so, being treated that way is extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. He could have just explained the workload and rough estimates on when things should be completed just as easily as going apeshizt on you.

I'm sure "putting you on the bottom of the pile" goes against their internal guidelines and policies. I'd be pretty miffed personally.

BS, dont let them push you around...

I bet this Officer is a real nice, calm, polite person on a traffic stop.

Most firearm unit's are compromised of detectives and higher ranking officers. At least in my experience, patrol officers rarely work in them.

So maybe it's a good thing this guy isn't out on the road! I would not want to yield through a stop sign with him watching...

I think calling after 3 weeks is a bit short, I'd give them at least 1.5 months before calling.

Even so, being treated that way is extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. He could have just explained the workload and rough estimates on when things should be completed just as easily as going apeshizt on you.

I'm sure "putting you on the bottom of the pile" goes against their internal guidelines and policies. I'd be pretty miffed personally.

I disagree on the the calling at 1.5 months. While my town is really good with being real close to 30 days, sometimes less than 30 I do call at the 2 week mark and just inquire not on how my P2P's are coming, but I just follow up that they received my reference letters back and if there is anything I might need to do to assist that may have been missed.

I have a good system with a few guys here on the Forum, I am their reference and they are mine and we will get them back in the mailbox the same day. Also when I get them, I make a copy of the initial letter before I fill it out and fill both of them out. That way if there is every a problem with the PD not getting the letter, I can send the second one I have. That has happened to me once that the PD did get the 1st letter I sent back, strange, I never had a utility company or other place I do business with loose my check for payment.. ;)

Let's hold off on a full frontal insult & think about it first. Dude, you live in town & see these people daily.

Exactly, and they have an attitude like that. So you want people in a position of authority that will walk all over you to have that behavior tolerated when you may have to deal with them on any given day.

Basic phone manners isn't a lot to ask for, and that behavior is unprofessional.

I handed my P2Ps into Lt at Hoboken PD on July 23rd. I called to inquire with him on August 23rd to check in and see where I stand and "if I could do anything to help the process along". (last time I got my permits in 28 days).

The Lt informed me that there were a large amount of pending permit applications and that the city was hiring extra officers that he had to run checks for, so he had no idea when he'd even get to mine and that he has people waiting for permits since April ( I was issued a Permit on April 4th after a 28 day wait).

How is it that it's changed so drastically since a few months ago? How can they say "I have no idea when we'll have time to get to yours" (uhh you have to mail out a two template reference letters and submit mental health forms that have been prefilled for you...)

Seems ridiculous to me.