jamestnc

Houston I think I have a problem

Hello All

I had a very bazaar thing happen to me the other day. I live in Washington Township (Gloucester County), and I recently submitted my pistol purchase permit, about 3 weeks ago to be exact. I decided to call and check on the status of my permit, I was very polite when I spoke with the secretary I gave her my name and she transferred me to the detective in charge of issuing permits, but when he picked up the phone I never even had a chance to speak, he immediately barked at me saying that my application just went to the bottom of the pile and never call again then he hung up. I didn’t get his name but my question is has anyone encountered this type of arrogance? If so what can be done about it. I have done nothing and hope this didn’t affect the already long process it takes to get approved. Does anyone have any similar situations with their local Twp police dept?

I think calling after 3 weeks is a bit short, I'd give them at least 1.5 months before calling.

Even so, being treated that way is extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. He could have just explained the workload and rough estimates on when things should be completed just as easily as going apeshizt on you.

I'm sure "putting you on the bottom of the pile" goes against their internal guidelines and policies. I'd be pretty miffed personally.

There are two ways you can go on this. Accept it or fight it. The officer's behavior is completely unacceptable. The fist thing I would do is call the police department and make an appoinyment wiyh the police chief and explain to him what happened to you. If he is is helpful, then it can end there. If he brushes you off, then you need to make an appointment with the mayor. Remember that this is a right, not a privilege. It would also help if you let them know you are willing to go to court. Towns hate spending money on lawsuits. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and clears the way for those that follow.

That's a ridiculous reaction by him, especially since it had been several weeks and you were just politely calling in to inquire.

I am actually on the same exact wait timeline as you in Hoboken. I dropped of additional P2P just over three weeks ago. The first time around when I applied for FPID and P2P earlier this year it took exactly 29 days all in for the whole thing to be approved. My references received letter within first week and everything else went relatively smoothly.

However, this time I am a little worried. It's been over three weeks and my two references have not even received the letters in the mail yet. I called yesterday to inquire politely about my status and he didn't answer two calls throughout the day, so I called front desk. They said he was "on vacation"...

Not sure why he couldn't have just sent out the docs and got this processed already considering it maybe takes 10 minutes to send out a couple template-style letters. As was said above, if you are legally able to obtain, then it's our right, not a priveledge given to a select few when a LEO feels like getting around to it. The whole process sure is frustrating...

I'd get a hold of Bob from Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro. He may KNOW of this guy and be able to give you a heads-up or tell you if the guy has a track record of complaints. This way, you'll know whether or not it's worth mentioning to the CLEO or just go right to the Mayor.......

There are two ways you can go on this. Accept it or fight it. The officer's behavior is completely unacceptable. The fist thing I would do is call the police department and make an appoinyment wiyh the police chief and explain to him what happened to you. If he is is helpful, then it can end there. If he brushes you off, then you need to make an appointment with the mayor. Remember that this is a right, not a privilege. It would also help if you let them know you are willing to go to court. Towns hate spending money on lawsuits. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and clears the way for those that follow.

This is exactly how it should be handled. These assclowns work for us. Not the other way around. Serve and protect. They seem to forget the serve part.

Also. Document everything. Every time you called, who you spoke to. All that good stuff

This is exactly how it should be handled. These assclowns work for us. Not the other way around. Serve and protect. They seem to forget the serve part.

Also. Document everything. Every time you called, who you spoke to. All that good stuff

Let's hold off on a full frontal insult & think about it first. Dude, you live in town & see these people daily.

There's nothing wrong with a polite inquiry, however when the person in charge immediately barks stuff like this and says "you're at the bottom of the pile", there's something wrong and it should be dealt with. Yes, they work for us and we potentially see them every day, however, there's no reason for that attitude. It's called work - it's called doing your job - what you get paid for. Pitching a fit or having an attitude while trying to do your job is improper.

Let's hold off on a full frontal insult & think about it first. Dude, you live in town & see these people daily.

Asking to speak with the boss of someone not doing their job is hardly assault. Do you think cops will start following you and handing you tickets. The OP has said he was told he got put to the bottom of the pile. Should he just accept this horseshit? Not everyone has an "in" in the pd. Towns are not going to be finessed into following the law. They are going to be hammered by lawsuits and threats of lawsuits.

I'd say to do that. Contact NJ2AS also, we've had a lot of luck in the past correcting the BS that towns put people through when trying to exercise their rights.

Not likely in Washington Township, the place is like, 10 different towns all rolled into one conglomeration. I'm originally from there. But the OP should never be treated like that, there's no need for such treatment by a public employee when we are the public who they are supposed to "Protect and Serve"

LOL, I just noticed this guy only has 1 post.

We all been scammed.

Thanks for the laugh.

Why do you say that? You only have 28 posts - are you a forum troll?

It could be that this guy has 1 post because he created an account here to ask for help on this. I'm willing to bet that's the case.

It could be that this guy has 1 post because he created an account here to ask for help on this. I'm willing to bet that's the case.

1 post + this unlikely story = scam

plausible but unlikely.

what's more plausible is the janitor picking up the phone & pretending to be a LEO. LOL

plausible but unlikely.

what's more plausible is the janitor picking up the phone & pretending to be a LEO. LOL

Actually, no. Please keep your opinions about this stuff to yourself - this guy's asking for help. That's what we're here to provide.

Funny. I entertained the same question. Our young friend seems to be quite adept at the internet's equivalent of a drive by shooting. Several flurries of short,frequently ill composed posts seemingly designed to incite then silence only to be followed by another short flurry of posts.

LOL, I just noticed this guy only has 1 post.

We all been scammed.

Thanks for the laugh.

plausible but unlikely.

Obvious troll is obvious.

since your already on the bottom of the pile, i would call again and demand an apoligy and remind them who they work for.

Regardless of whether OP is a troll or not, the above is NOT the right way to approach this. Yes, call the chief, be civil and polite the entire time. You want to be the squeaky wheel and not that a$$hole on the other side of the phone. Reminding any civil servant "who they work for" is condescending and will NOT get you what you want or need. Firm and polite will get you far more than condescending. Yes, do document each and every conversation, whom it is with and what time and day and what was discussed. Yes, if you find no satisfaction with the Chief, go to the mayor, again, polite, relay all that you have gone through.

Also, do not be afraid to get a lawyer involved if they are not budging. These are your rights. The level of intimidation portrayed so far is unacceptable. Professional and polite are the two words that need to be your guide in this instance though. Continue to maintain a civil discourse regardless of how much they push your buttons and you will get much further... The old saying "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" is appropriate here.

Thanks everbody for your advice. I'll take them into consideration.

Please keep us apprised of the situation and outcome if you would. Good luck.

I realize I only have one post I just sighed up yesterday. I beleve everybody started this way lol. My situation really happended and if you dont believe me then tough. Everyone else I would like to thank you for your sugestions.

It's a believable situation (unlike throwing your gun into another range 3 times because it jammed...)

It's a believable situation (unlike throwing your gun into another range 3 times because it jammed...)

Ha...I called troll on that one. That couldn't possibly have happened. Especially, at EFGA where everyone is always nice and willing to help....btw, it was 3 guns, one of which took "more than 15 throws"

Ha...I called troll on that one. That couldn't possibly have happened. Especially, at EFGA where everyone is always nice and willing to help....btw, it was 3 guns, one of which took "more than 15 throws"

3 guns 1x or 1 gun 3x or wtf it was - it was entirely believable... :rolleyes:

My permits take exactly 1 month in TWP. I never call and inquire, they just call when they are ready for pick up. They allow me to pick them up later in the evening as well.

Call the chief's office and talk to him.

http://www.washingtontwppolice.org/Contact_Us.html

Office of Chief Rafael Muniz 856-589-6664 Internal Affairs Unit 856-589-0330 x 272 Records Bureau 856-589-0764 Non-Emergent Police Service 856-256-1212 General Police Information 856-589-6650 Municipal Court 856-589-0546