Babyface Finster

Anyone going to be at RTSP this Friday?

I'm a new shooter and was hoping someone might be heading to RTSP on Friday and would be willing to show me the ropes. I'll be bringing my GP100 and would prefer to start off with a few pointers instead of developing bad habits that will be harder to break later. I'm pretty open as to time of day.

If I have a babysitter, my wife and I will likely be there after 6pm (it's date night). We're relatively new shooters so we wouldn't be much help beyond how to navigate RTSP and operate the lane.

For some reason, I really don't like being in a lane next to somebody shooting 357 mag. I find the concussion and sound from a 357 mag revolver startling from one lane over. I can literally feel it go through my chest, and since I'm trying so hard to focus on my breathing, aiming, right amount of finger on trigger shooting my 9mm, I find it distracting.

I bet they are fun if you are the shooter, just something about it from 1 lane away, even outdoors, like at Cherry Ridge.

Anyway if you're there after 6 and you see a bald guy with a short wife shooting an M&P 9L, that's us so say hi!

MC

Actually if you get on a lane between 6:30 and 7, they usually let you go over the hour as it approaches 8pm. It's not like I tried to do that on purpose, I tried to get a lane at 6 so I would be done at 7, but there was about a 20 minute wait, so I got on almost 6:30, and they let us stay until closing.

MC

Thanks, guys. I should have specified I was thinking in the morning. I'm tied up in the afternoon this week. I'll PM you guys sometime soon and try again.

BTW, I mostly have .38 spl ammo at this point. I figured I might as well learn how to shoot straight before I try the heavy stuff.

Lunker:

I'd like to see a few ranges so I just might take you up on your offer sometime in September.

I will be there tomorrow around noon. Have the day off, but mechanic, DMV inspection then RTSP. Unfortunately, I would be the wrong person to get assistance from. Although I have improved a lot since taking the GFH basic course and Frank, the assistant instructor, gave me some good pointers which have worked.

Anyway, my name is Joe...42, wear eye glasses, short brown hair, will be shooting a Glock 23 if you want to introduce yourself. While I am not qualified to give shooting advice it is always nice to meet other forum members.

Joe