dave545

NEW* glock gen 4 trigger modification

the new gen 4 glocks on the trigger bar have a bump, this bump rides against the right interior wall of the pistol and tries to keep the bar centered the whole way back which is not necessary because this was never an issue with the gen 3's that did not have the bump.. this in turn results in a lot of extra unnecessary friction and friction in turn requires more weight to move the trigger. this mod has you simply remove the bump. this in turn pretty much makes it a gen 3 bar, in turn you could also buy a gen 3 trigger bar without the bump if you do not wish to do the mod yourself. the bump of which i speak looks like this

2572d1331220268-interchangable-parts-bump-hump.jpg

2012-09-09_17-41-57_251.jpg

this modification is simple. All that you need to do is remove the bump which is simple and relatively quick.

what you will need.

1 - dremel with polishing attachments

2 - metal polish

3 - flat metal file

after you dissasemble the pistol start filing carefully so you do not over file and or file other parts of the bar which you do not wish to file. I filed the whole bump down until the whole face of where the bump used to reside was smooth, and the whole face had file marks on it. then you have to take the dremel wih the wire attachment and smooth it out some( this takes only 1 or 2 minutes). then you take the metal polish with the polishing/buffer cloth wheel and go to town for a few minutes. The ending result looks like this

2012-09-09_17-40-47_38.jpg

the face is perfectly smooth and the triggers weight has noticeably decreased id say about a whole pound to around 4lbs and made the trigger pull much smoother. This a must for anyone with a gen 4 pistol.

feel free to ask any questions

What's your before and after pull weight?

I dont see the bump as an issue as some do, even with the bump the gen4's are around 5.5lbs. But I am interested to see the before and after results.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your last line where you state pull down to 4lbs.

as per glock, that bump as added to stiffen that portion of the trigger bar to remedy issues found in the gen 3.

If you have access to an orange backplate to check firing pin lug engagement, check it. You might have some trigger bar cant without that bump.

Edited by henrym

The gen 3 trigger bar's are cheap enough that I would have just gotten a gen 3 TB and polished that to try. Would have been easier and you would have been able to quickly go back if there was an issue.

In addition to the fact that glock no longer sells trigger bars alone. Now its the whole trigger assembly.