O-gre

For sale section

Some of the prices seem high because a lot of members here will customize their guns. Compare any of the for sale listings with a like for like and very few cross the new price. If they do, its because there is ammo and accessories involved. At least thats what I have found. I spend too much time down there!

An example of my point is my FiveseveN I purchased from a member. The price was less than $150 from new but I know it didnt have too many rounds through it and the guy I bought it from was nuts about cleaning guns like me. Also, I got 550 rounds with it.

As a last point, if the price is too high it wont sell. Its only worth what someone will pay

Ken

Don't compare prices to online - remember - if you compare vs Buds or some other stores, you still need to pay for shipping + FFL fees + NICS + Tax.

Also - the price that people advertise things for is entirely up to them. If you want to negotiate with them, then go for it.

You know people will try to lowball you no matter what.

So I guess USED guns don't depreciate here. At Cheyene there was a perfect used HK rifle next to a new one for $500 less. Just seems a bit odd.

I do think youre missing the point. There are ALOT of used guns that go up for sale and are taken within minutes of their posting. Those that price a little high usually dont get sold, or get different offers from a potential buyer for the price they would pay for it. If the seller isnt willing to bargain, then the gun doesnt get sold (unless someone wants to pay the asking price for it) A lot of haggling is done via pm so the actual sold price really isnt disclosed anyhow.

If people are willing to pay the price, then the price is right. I've seen firearms bumped week after week with no sale, and i've seen stuff sell in the matter of minutes. As a private seller you set your price based on a few factors, what you paid for it, what you have invested in it, and what the market is willing to pay for it. Depending on the need to sell usually sets the price high/low in terms of what the market will pay... If i don't need to sell a gun, then i will ask the maximum the market will pay. If i have to sell it for what ever reason then the price will be notably lower.

Some of the prices seem high because a lot of members here will customize their guns. Compare any of the for sale listings with a like for like and very few cross the new price. If they do, its because there is ammo and accessories involved. At least thats what I have found. I spend too much time down there!

An example of my point is my FiveseveN I purchased from a member. The price was less than $150 from new but I know it didnt have too many rounds through it and the guy I bought it from was nuts about cleaning guns like me. Also, I got 550 rounds with it.

As a last point, if the price is too high it wont sell. Its only worth what someone will pay

Ken

^5

+1 to what everyone else has mentioned. With the forum 95% of the firearms I purchase or sell are through here. Prices vary, however on the whole, some really good deals on here, especially once you factor in the FFL fee, shipping, nics, taxes you would incur buying from a dealer. Some deals are so good that people trample over who is in line.

I can't say I have not joked around with sellers in chat about deleting other mod's "will take it" posts, so we can have the deal. lol. Other times, there are items that are fairly priced, but may not be very popular.

On the whole... I would venture to guess 90 to 95% of the firearms listed are listed anywhere from very fairly priced to a STEAL. You do have a few items that are priced at or close to the full retail price, however nothing is preventing you from making an offer. As others mentioned, anyone can ASK whatever they want. You can Offer whatever you want. This is not Walmart. =P

other point of consideration, over time, prices on firearms vary, as they did in 2008 before the Obama rush. AK's would hit close to $1k, and people were willing to pay that much for them. Same thing for Saiga's, both shotguns and rifles, when there were import issues. they have varied from $350 all the way to $800.

On your common guns, you have your glocks, m&ps, XD's that will be around $400, metal guns a bit more. You can list a Glock 22 tomorrow, list it for $350 it will sell in 30 mins, list it for $400 it will sit a few days, and someone will offer you $350, or you can list it for $550 and someone will offer you $350. =) End of the day it will sell for anywhere between $350 to $400.

The C&R stuff is going up in price every year. A good quality SKS will run you $400 and up depending on country of origin and condition, same for K98's, etc.

Ar's will be in that $650 to $700 mark for used entry level ones. and $1k and up for higher end stuff.

It also depends on what comes with the gun (extra mags-which could be costly, etc.), and perhaps the seller purchased it for a hefty price, himself, and wants to recoup some of his or her costs. Have I found good bargains, yes? Have I lost money in sales, yes? Have I made money is sales, yes? And, have I broken even and gotten a decent deal, yes. It also has to do with something you want being readily available and tangible. I might want a specific distributor exclusive version of something, but it is hard to come by and I might pay a little extra for it if a good used one comes available...

Someone once told me that you never make money when you sell your gun, only when buying it. Or, did I get that wrong?

So I guess USED guns don't depreciate here. At Cheyene there was a perfect used HK rifle next to a new one for $500 less. Just seems a bit odd.

Cheyane is way out of line sometimes. Sometimes way to high, sometimes you have to wonder what the catch is. On used firearms there is a lot of room for negotiation. Like I said earlier, Its only worth what someone will pay. Firearms are high in general rite now and will continue to be until at least a few months after the election.

Where are you in central NJ Ron? I bet we could have one hell of a discussion over a coffee or range trip some day. :) PM is fine if you dont want to reveal too much.

Ken