Sign in to follow this  
zoid

Revolver Reloaders: Is keeping brass on hand easier for you guys?

With a semi automatic pistol your brass goes flying out of the gun and in certain cases you either don't have

the time or want to spend the effort collecting them. This is particularly the case at matches. I wondered if

revolver shooters/reloaders did not have this issue since the brass is retained within the gun. Do you guys

have an easier time keeping brass in stock for reloading?

Follow up question: For those of you with moon clips is it more of a PIA since you have to take each one out

of the moon clip one by one? I have seen the moon clip loader/strippers, but still seems like work. However,

maybe it's a wash since you don't have to pick your brass off the floor like with a pistol.

Your input, experiences, thoughts welcome. Thanks.

I use moon clips for my S&W 625 in uspsa, collecting my spent brass is a breeze. Like you said, everything stays in one convient clip so ill only need to bend down a few times and I'm done. Unlike them bottom feeder brass whores!

Depending on what caliber and moon clip you are using you will probably ( and should have ) a tool to load and unload the clips. It's very simple, I load about 200 rounds worth of moon clips before a match at home and I'm done, no loading magazines and topping them off after every stage. Just pick up some loaded ones when your ready for your next stage

I like www.mooncliptool.com products, clips are of good quality and the tool works great.

I've also been reusing the same 500 rounds of .45 brass in my revolver for a few reloads already, I don't lose brass which is awesome. But, you'll probably start having brass wear out around the same time.

Good luck

If you shoot pistol and plan to reload, make or buy a brass catching net. Mount it on a tripod to use when standing. I catch around 98% of my brass this way.

http://www.midwayusa...l-brass-catcher

Would work if your standing static and shooting the same target, or bullseye competition. But any other sort of run and gun competition it'd be useless.

Very cool! I am looking forward to the added convenience when I eventually get a revolver.

I don't make it to the range enough to always collect the amount of brass I need so this is

nice to know.

The brass you lose with your auto loaders someone else ends up picking up. You just gotta pay more attention when you are searching for it. You ought to leave the range with more brass than you brought half the time, because of others who leave their cases for you to pick up. Or maybe I just have really good eyesight, seeing all this brass that everyone else leaves for me.

I leave my steel tula ammo cases for ANYONE that wants them. ;)

Thinking of getting a cylinder modifed for moon clips and I may start shooting my little Model 66 in the future. Moon clips are far cheaper and easier to use than speed loaders.