Sign in to follow this  
GunByte

FID and moving out of state

You could file a change of address (to your FL address) with NJSP so you can still buy long guns at a FFL in NJ.

You could do what I did when I left the state for several years not sure if I ever was returning. Hang on to it and just file a change of address if you move back to NJ.

No, your FID will not be valid when you return because you are never returning. You are escaping and you are taking about returning! Are you crazy? Well, unless you are moving to NY or CA.

Once you move out of state, you are required to destroy your NJ FPID. The procedure is as follows. You must follow this procedure precisely.

1. Have your AR de-neutered and un-spayed by an American gunsmith, or better yet, buy a new one in full M4 carbine configuration. Make sure you obtain a 30-round magazine.

2. Tape your NJFPID to the largest canister of tannerite available for over the counter for retail sale at your local sporting good store.

3. Blast you NJFPID from 100 yards.

You are not coming back. Keep telling yourself, you are NOT coming back.

Edited. Ooops. Canister of what? ;-)

But I think everyone got the joke anyway.

Edited by TheDon

No, your FID will not be valid when you return because you are never returning. You are escaping and you are taking about returning! Are you crazy? Well, unless you are moving to NY or CA.

Once you move out of state, you are required to destroy your NJ FPID. The procedure is as follows. You must follow this procedure precisely.

1. Have your AR de-neutered and un-spayed by an American gunsmith, or better yet, buy a new one in full M4 carbine configuration. Make sure you obtain a 30-round magazine.

2. Tape your NJFPID to the largest canister available for over the counter retail sale at your local sporting good store.

You are not coming back. Keep telling yourself, you are NOT coming back

I guess I'm not the only one who plans on doing this once I leave. Haha

Interesting. I just accepted a job in Bethlehem, PA. Until next summer, I will still have the house in Bergen County, where my wife and son will stay, and I'll have an apartment in PA where I'll work Monday-Thursday. Assuming all goes well, I'll buy a house and move my family out over the summer.

I was assuming for that transition period that I'll still have an NJ drivers license and so I won't be able to buy guns in PA and keep them in my apartment there? I do believe I will be able to take a gun with me, keep it in PA, go to PA ranges, and even open carry and/or apply for an out of state ccw?

That means I can't follow your 3 step NJ FID program until next summer :p

MC

No, your FID will not be valid when you return because you are never returning. You are escaping and you are taking about returning! Are you crazy? Well, unless you are moving to NY or CA. Once you move out of state, you are required to destroy your NJ FPID. The procedure is as follows. You must follow this procedure precisely. 1. Have your AR de-neutered and un-spayed by an American gunsmith, or better yet, buy a new one in full M4 carbine configuration. Make sure you obtain a 30-round magazine. 2. Tape your NJFPID to the largest canister of tannerite available for over the counter retail sale at your local sporting good store. 3. Blast you NJFPID from 100 yards. You are not coming back. Keep telling yourself, you are NOT coming back. Edited. Ooops. Canister of what? ;-)

Just add some tannerite and you got yourself a fiesta! :lol:

2. Tape your NJFPID to the largest canister of tannerite available for over the counter for retail sale at your local sporting good store.

You are not coming back. Keep telling yourself, you are NOT coming back.

Edited. Ooops. Canister of what? ;-)

But I think everyone got the joke anyway.

You forgot the most important part, number 4 post the damned video so we can all enjoy the moment too.

Interesting. I just accepted a job in Bethlehem, PA. Until next summer, I will still have the house in Bergen County, where my wife and son will stay, and I'll have an apartment in PA where I'll work Monday-Thursday. Assuming all goes well, I'll buy a house and move my family out over the summer.

I was assuming for that transition period that I'll still have an NJ drivers license and so I won't be able to buy guns in PA and keep them in my apartment there? I do believe I will be able to take a gun with me, keep it in PA, go to PA ranges, and even open carry and/or apply for an out of state ccw?

That means I can't follow your 3 step NJ FID program until next summer :p

MC

If you are going to rent an apartment in PA and stay there, you are establishing a second residence, you will be a dual resident for gun buying purposes. This will allow you to buy in PA as a PA resident, just don't bring any non NJ legal guns across the Delaware.

I'd say you will be a dual resident also. There is nothing in PA law that prohibits you from possessing any firearm you bought in NJ in your home, apartment, or hotel room. You can carry your guns in the trunk of your car unloaded. You can open carry without a permit except Philly as long as you're on foot. No permits for handguns but tranfers have to be done at a FFL. No paperwork required for long guns ftf.

Some of the members that are PA residents can give you more details on PA gun laws.

In virtually all states the gun laws apply to everyone not just residents. The only one I can think of if you want to carry concealed in WY and are a non-resident you need a permit.