SFDevine7

Second Gun Purchase

Ok well the first thing I'll say is that I am not yet 21 so handguns are out of the question right now. But I'm looking to buy my second gun (first one is S&W M&P 15-22) and was looking for some advice. I like the look and customizable potential of the AR platform but I was also looking at the Beretta Cx4 Storm and have shot that and really enjoyed it. I'm looking at this being a Christmas gift to myself so I have some time for research and to save, the budget I'm looking at right now is around $1K. I guess my only one thing is that being a college student I dont want something that is terribly expensive to shoot.

So I know a lot of you have AR's but who has the Cx4 Storm? What are some of the pros and cons to both?

I have the Cx4 Storm 9mm. One major con is the stock trigger has a lot of pull to it before the trigger actually engages. You can pull the trigger back then it will stop, then you pull it back even further and then it will fire. Since your budgeting around 1k for it you can go ahead and get the sierra papa trigger kit and eliminate that problem. The stock sights I feel are decent enough for up to 50 yards(haven't done any range time with it out past that) plus it has a rail system so you can put red dots, grips, lights, lasers slings, etc. I like the fact that you can reverse the controls for lefties from charging handle to ejection through mag release and safety.

You can get one that fits the 92fs mags or the px4 mags. But there is an insert or something you can do to make it accept the 92fs mags. I got mine at Arms-n-Ammo (PK90) for 770 before NICS and everything else. Going down to Paul at A-n-A is definitely worth it, plus if you shoot at SJSC he is literally 5 mins from the range.

Thats not a bad price at all. I will have to look into that for sure. Thats not where I shoot but my girlfriend lives down in Hammonton so its not far from there either. For that price I dont think I can go wrong with the Cx4 Storm, and I will definitely look into the mags that are compatible with both because when I turn 21 I want to buy the 92fs

Pros:

1. It's a Beretta

2. It's a Beretta

3. Fully ambidextrous. You can set it up to eject to the left or the right. Same with the magazine release and charging handles and safety.

4. You can add two charging handles: one on each side.

5. Comes with a rail for a flashlight or laser.

6. Will make you the envy of others at the range. You will end up with an Italian sports car and a beautiful Italian blonde who will go shooting with you, cook you a delicious meal and dance the Tarantella until dawn.

7. Very easy to dissemble. Runs dirty. Eats anything you feed it, including the steel-cased stuff, although Beretta warns against it.

8. Very, very accurate , even out to 150 yards.

9. Can take 92FS mags or PX4 mags, depending on the setup. If you buy a PX4, you can swap out a mag well insert and the gun will accept PX4 Magazines. It also takes Cougar magazines if you choose to buy one of those.

Cons:

1. Trigger is a little mushy. The Sierra Papa upgrade is helpful, but not absolutely necessary.

2. You will constantly be asked by other people at the range "What is that?"

3. Dancing the Tarantella with a beautiful Italian woman until dawn can be fatiguing.

Buy the CX4. Honestly, if I could only have one rifle, this would be it.

....second gun purchase, Nice! You are well on your way with your addiction! Enjoy the ride fellow addict, and remember guns are like potato chips!

OK...next week AR, week after Heavy Barel 700, week after that Garand...then comes 21 Woohoo! Handguns!!!

Pros:

7. Very easy to dissemble. Runs dirty. Eats anything you feed it, including the steel-cased stuff, although Beretta warns against it.

9. Can take 92FS mags or PX4 mags, depending on the setup. If you buy a PX4, you can swap out a mag well insert and the gun will accept PX4 Magazines. It also takes Cougar magazines if you choose to buy one of those.

Cons:

1. Trigger is a little mushy. The Sierra Papa upgrade is helpful, but not absolutely necessary.

3. Dancing the Tarantella with a beautiful Italian woman until dawn can be fatiguing.

7. Thats awesome, like to keep them clean but also dont have too much time to shoot so putting lots of rounds through in one day is very likely.

8. Cant beat accuracy.

9. Definitely have to look into this more, would be great to use the same mags for the 92fs and Cx4

1. Yeah but you can get used to a trigger or upgrade.

2. Not sure if thats good or bad, first time I saw it I asked and the kind man let me put a few rounds through it.

3. Practice makes perfect!

....second gun purchase, Nice! You are well on your way with your addiction! Enjoy the ride fellow addict, and remember guns are like potato chips!

OK...next week AR, week after Heavy Barel 700, week after that Garand...then comes 21 Woohoo! Handguns!!!

Oh my addiction is well on its way. Once I turn 21 I'm getting the 92fs, next fall I will probably pick up a Shotgun. Then I'm hoping for college graduation gift of a nice 1911.

We think alike, thats what I want to get when I hit 21 as well, and as of last friday Paul has a 92fs in his case for you to fondle.

Way ahead of that already, handled it plenty and put probably 200 rounds through one. Did plenty of research on that already, shot a sigs, glocks, beretta in multiple calibers. Girlfriend and I both loved the 92fs, great accuracy and recoil isnt too bad for her.

But hey! What kind of man would I be turning down a chance to fondle a beautiful Italian like that. And by that of course I mean my girlfriend, I think......

The storm is definitely a chick-magnet. It's my GF's favorite firearm to shoot, and twice when I've gone on outdoor shoots with mixed groups where everyone was trying out everyone else's firearms a line of women ended up forming for the storm.

BTW, there's a good community with lots of info on the storm at the beretta forum long guns section:

http://berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=38

So I had another question come up. Since I'm only 20 and can't buy handgun ammo. Will there be places that will sell me 9mm ammo for the Cx4 Storm?

Order ammo online or get on the ACE and head over the bridge to PA and buy.

I grew up in Hammonton and shoot at SJSC. Glad to make the acquaintance of a fellow Hammontonian!

Pros:

1. It's a Beretta

2. It's a Beretta

3. Fully ambidextrous. You can set it up to eject to the left or the right. Same with the magazine release and charging handles and safety.

4. You can add two charging handles: one on each side.

5. Comes with a rail for a flashlight or laser.

6. Will make you the envy of others at the range. You will end up with an Italian sports car and a beautiful Italian blonde who will go shooting with you, cook you a delicious meal and dance the Tarantella until dawn.

Cons:

Pro # 6 real Italian blondes hard to find

Con # 3 very true!