Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Cell Phones can operate firearms

is what the gun haters believe, and state as fact.

Further, a checked gun can be remotely fired using a cell phone.

http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/2012/10/gun-fact-4-law-abiding-gun-owners-deliberately-violate-t-s-a-safety-regulations/

But hey, remember, as gun owners, we are already law breakers, and are no better than drunk drivers, and/or terrorists.

This would be a great Mythbusters episode..

Anyone who thinks a cellphone can cause a firearm to discharge is an idoit and should never have children as they are to stupid to feed them.

I'm not anywhere near an electronics wiz but I bet I could remotely fire a gun with an iphone or android phone or two and a servo. There really wouldnt be a point though.

Well, mythbusters did already check one of their BS claimes...

"and in certain cases go through the plane’s fuselage causing everyone to be ejected from the plane due to explosive decompression."

Mythbusters fired a gun from the inside of a plane (Pressurized to the correct pressure) througe the fuselage and through a window. Nothing happened, air leaked out, that all. No bodies being ejected through a broken window.

Those people watch too many movies!

I'm not anywhere near an electronics wiz but I bet I could remotely fire a gun with an iphone or android phone or two and a servo. There really wouldnt be a point though.

Exactly. If one took the time build a wireless device where, as a passenger, he/she could remotely detonate an object, it wouldn't be for a bullet to aimlessly rip through luggage.

"and in certain cases go through the plane’s fuselage causing everyone to be ejected from the plane due to explosive decompression."

Mythbusters fired a gun from the inside of a plane (Pressurized to the correct pressure) througe the fuselage and through a window. Nothing happened, air leaked out, that all. No bodies being ejected through a broken window.

Yeah...I stopped reading at that part....these people are delusional and idiotic.

This is a good read.

http://barretttillman.blogspot.com/2011/10/50-caliber-myth.html?m=1

I think we should use this as an opportunity to start a campaign to ban the smart gun. A Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or GSM enabled smart gun was never envisioned by our founding fathers, they could have never intended the Second Amendment to allow average peasants err-um citizens to own such dangerous and potentially deadly instruments of mass remote carnage! Ban the smart gun before it is too late! Think of how many innocent children might be at risk if one of these hazardous devices were allowed to be checked into the cargo hold on a passenger jet headed for Disney World, oh the humanity! We must ban these weapons of mass destruction; it's what Walt Disney would want us to do for the sake of the children. [/sarcasm]

Exactly. If one took the time build a wireless device where, as a passenger, he/she could remotely detonate an object, it wouldn't be for a bullet to aimlessly rip through luggage.

And to make the cellphone statement even more stupid,

How is an UNLOADED gun going to fire?