Dude, I'm on your side. My point was that he (CC) is now the golden boy his posture is now the same as Mitt’s which is there is enough laws on the books. You aren’t telling me anything, I was in Trenton during the AWB-1 protest, so had that not passed Dow & crew would have been a moot point. Since the original AWB is in place this is only a natural progression. Seriously, I hope you didn't think they were done?

I said it here and I will say it again my favorite radio person (now deceased) "Irv" Homer use to say it ALL the time, “once the elephant gets his nose under the tent before you know it the whole thing is inside”. That is exactly what we have here. If I had it my way none of those laws would have been pasted but I’m just some taxpaying stiff. If you don’t like CC you are going to love Governor Booker...

You're the one who said that Christie hadnt hurt us, not me. he was just Sneakier about it. If' I'd have had my Choice Lonegan would've been Governor. I had HOPED Christie would ne Neutral, I knew better as soon as he appointed Dow.

The OLD proposed ban didn't take smoothbores into account, so that meant that something like the .62 caliber (20 gauge) youth model Mossberg shotgun that I donated to the local Boy Scouts would be BANNED, OMG!! And a Brown Bess replica from more than 200 years ago! And I could go on and on! Once this was brought to light, the bill fell on it's face and all of the Legislators ran away from it as if it was a wet fart on a church pew.......

So it was both the Muzzleloaders as well as the shotgunners (and the NJDEP who employs folks to teach shotgun hunting rules) to thank for the bad law from being enacted.

As for our current Governor, I'm with "Pipes"! He had his chance and BLEW IT! Just another RINO!

I read this bill, and from what I get, it bans anything over .60cal for black powder guns, modern or antique. Doesn't seem that different to me, except for the little shotgun exemption, based on 'sporting purposes'.

From the magazine bill:

22 This legislation is a response to the recent horrific tragedy in

23 Arizona where the assailant utilized a large capacity ammunition

24 magazine in a shooting that resulted in the deaths of six people and

25 injuries to 13 others, including Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle

26 Giffords.

So the bill is being introduced in a state where the tragedy didn't happen, will affect people who didn't do it, and where there ALREADY is an arbitrary capacity limit that makes the magazine used in that incident illegal. Tell me again why we shouldn't be worried about the "slippery slope"? Isn't this the very definition of a "slippery slope"?

Is it just me, or would A1329 only effect fixed magazines? Either way, they both need to be killed.

Actually, it looks like it only applies to semi-auto rifles. The definition of a "large capacity magazine" remains unchanged. :facepalm: I'm sure it was just an oversight and would be corrected before any votes on it happen.

Not that it changes anything; it still needs to be beaten back fast and loud.

You're the one who said that Christie hadnt hurt us, not me. he was just Sneakier about it. If' I'd have had my Choice Lonegan would've been Governor. I had HOPED Christie would ne Neutral, I knew better as soon as he appointed Dow.

You would be correct, I did say that. Keep in mind after the AZ movie tragedy CC could have played politics just like the DEMs but when asked about additional gun control he made the said statement described above which was there are enough laws on the books. So from my view (me not being a big CC fan) his stock went up in my book but obviously that did nothing for you. Now on the other hand the DEM’s mantra is "never let a good tragedy go to waste" which is why we are having this discussion. That is right out of the WhiteHouse's Playbook by Rahm Emanuel

I read this bill, and from what I get, it bans anything over .60cal for black powder guns, modern or antique. Doesn't seem that different to me, except for the little shotgun exemption, based on 'sporting purposes'.

I haven't read it yet........

Just more "Feel Good" legislation in my book. I suppose I'm going to be considered a felon soon because I won't turn-in my 10 ga. black powder muzzleloader.......never thought that a 2-shot gun would be re-classified as a destructive device! What Wack-A-Doos are sponsoring this BS anyway? I'd love to call them to tell them about 69 cal smoothbores with flint ignitions, the million or so 12 ga. shottys out there in NJ, etc.

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES! Only this ain't a Tom Hanks movie!!!!!!

for the record, this bummed me out all day at work. i am absolutely disgusted with the people that come up with this crap.

My aunt's friend posted on facebook, after I pointed out how her complaints about the "threats Romney poses to women's rights" echo my complaints Obama poses to my rights. Naturally a bunch of BS ensued, and I was called an idiot, and she said she should block me on facebook...(Keep in mind, they have a gun, and when showing it to my brother in law, their son leaned on the stock, barrel on the floor, and flagged pretty much everyone in the room with it.)

But one of the posts was, " It's amazing how people think gun-rights trump everything else..."

Well, whatever, I took this info, and passed it along to the NJ2AS facebook, try and see if we can't get something going with that.

shall we all start emailing these idiots?

I think emailing your representatives might be a little over the top, no need to go THAT far./sarcasmThey don't give a flying monkey-slushy about your 10 emails from this board. Go down there and tell them what you think, and demand satisfaction before you leave.

Just wrote this. Hope to hear some kind of reply.

"Greetings Senator Lesniak,

It has recently come to my attention that you have proposed new legislation that would prohibit firearms designed to fire .50 caliber projectiles, or, as phrased verbatim: "[r]evises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater."

While I'm certain that your intentions of the bill are to preserve the public safety, I am not aware of any compelling public need or factual foundation for this legislation. I fear that this legislation consists largely of "feel good" measures that will not have any demonstrative impact; measurable, positive, or otherwise.

In a broader perspective, it discourages me that representatives of the people would be so willing to regulate an item without any factual basis. Such behavior is counter to this country's foundational concepts of individual liberty and freedom.

Please reconsider the furtherance of this specific and any similar legislation.

Thank you for your time,

-Zack Becker"

It's Greenwald again. He tried it two years ago... he's trying it again. This is the bill that initially got me into political action.

I went to his office last year. I'll go to his office again if this gets legs.

Note that just because something gets introduced, doesn't mean its going to get passed.

I used to hammer him on his Facebook page about all the nonsense bills and his comments toward Christe until he blocked me from posting.

I would suggest anyone who disagrees with all his crap to post on Greenwalds Facebook page!

It has recently come to my attention that you have proposed new legislation that would prohibit firearms designed to fire .50 caliber projectiles, or, as phrased verbatim: "[r]evises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater."

While I'm certain that your intentions of the bill are to preserve the public safety, I am not aware of any compelling public need or factual foundation for this legislation. I fear that this legislation consists largely of "feel good" measures that will not have any demonstrative impact; measurable, positive, or otherwise.

In a broader perspective, it discourages me that representatives of the people would be so willing to regulate an item without any factual basis. Such behavior is counter to this country's foundational concepts of individual liberty and freedom.

Thank you for your time,

-Zack Becker"

Truly an outstanding letter. Impressive use of the language and one that engenders new respect for our system of public schools and our youth. However, I have a feeling that the response you receive will be something akin to "Send this guy the bug letter" - a punchline to a joke that can be traced back to the 20's. You get an A+ for effort (pardon my cynicism).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

+1. I voted Lonegan in the primary as well.

Such behavior is counter to this country's foundational concepts of individual liberty and freedom.

Kudos for writing a letter, but this sentence about liberty and freedom is a waste of time....NJ doesn't know what either of these concepts are, and on top of it, if they do have any incline of what they are, they will believe they are 'granted' by 'government'

What you really wanted to say, but thought better of it.

While I'm certain that your intentions of the bill are to preserve the public safety your seat in the NJ Senate by duping the majority of voters that know nothing about guns, except what the news media has let them to believe, into thinking this will somehow make them safer, I am not aware of any compelling public need or factual foundation for this legislation. I fear that this legislation consists largely of "feel good" measures that will not have any demonstrative impact; measurable, positive, or otherwise.

Thank you for your time,

-Zack Becker"

Thank you for your time,

-Zack Becker"

outstanding, very well written and to the point!