Sell682

Any reviews on LWRC rifles?

I am looking for my first AR. I was looking at the S&W sport but also considering LWRC rifles. Are LWRC rifles that much better? Do they have an entry models and price point?

I know I can build one but I just don't feel that competent in doing so and I rather spend time shooting my first AR then scratching my head.

Build one its EXTREMLY easy or build the lower and buy a piston upper!

That's what I did, built a lower and bought an Adams arms piston upper. Which I am completely satisfied with.

But If I had around $2000 or more to blow like that I personally would get a Daniel defense or a Wilson combat both are actually less than 2g's

i have a lwrc m6a2 spr with a acog on it and love it... that being said it is a heavier rifle but on the upside no gasses in the action and it doesnt require as tedious of care as a normal AR. since it is a heavier AR i wouldnt recommend the one i have for CQC maybe for around 100- 400 yards thats what it will be good for

Thank you for the replies. What other brands do you recommend.

The below pertains to "fighting" ARs, not target models.

It depends what you are looking for. The M&P has great value for the money and S&W has a great lifetime warranty. I am a fan of Spikes Tactical. They are considered a half (or full, depending on who you talk to) step below the premium AR builders. I have one of their mid-length uppers on my Noveske lower, and it is great.

The top tier manufacturers are Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, LaRue Tactical, LMT, Knight's Armament. I'm sure I am missing one or two. With these manufacturers you are getting products built with the best parts and to higher standards. The question is if that is what you want or feel you need. If this is only going to be a range gun, then that Bushmaster/DPMS/etc is just fine. I went with a Colt (great resale value) and Noveske/Spike.

I would go Daniels defense.. im partial because i iwn one. But itw a very heavy gun... by no means a run gun... can be particular with ammo (hates steel case) but its solid and reliable. Never had a issue while shooting brass cased ammo and it is easy to shoot. Only thing i will change is the trigger to a gieselle sde... from what i have heard its a must

The top tier manufacturers are Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, LaRue Tactical, LMT, Knight's Armament. I'm sure I am missing one or two. With these manufacturers you are getting products built with the best parts and to higher standards. The question is if that is what you want or feel you need. If this is only going to be a range gun, then that Bushmaster/DPMS/etc is just fine. I went with a Colt (great resale value) and Noveske/Spike.

Not to threadjack, but where does PSA fall in that range? Looking at their site it looks like they offer good parts, and complete rifles at decent price (especially when on sale).

Not to threadjack, but where does PSA fall in that range? Looking at their site it looks like they offer good parts, and complete rifles at decent price (especially when on sale).

I hear good and bad about PSA...I have heard people say great products no problem, other people saying lower holes drilled out of spec where pins were not going in all the way and some other stuff I heard around the internet....I hear ALOT of people say they suck at shipping anything.

Lunker tossed out alot of good names...I have a BCM 3/4 of the way put together and gonna start a build on a noveske lower..

If I had to pick another rifle I would be ordering a Larue PredatAR :maninlove:

I would go Daniels defense.. im partial because i iwn one. But itw a very heavy gun... by no means a run gun... can be particular with ammo (hates steel case) but its solid and reliable. Never had a issue while shooting brass cased ammo and it is easy to shoot. Only thing i will change is the trigger to a gieselle sde... from what i have heard its a must

If you buy an SD-E and want to sell your DD trigger group, let me know.

The below pertains to "fighting" ARs, not target models.

It depends what you are looking for. The M&P has great value for the money and S&W has a great lifetime warranty. I am a fan of Spikes Tactical. They are considered a half (or full, depending on who you talk to) step below the premium AR builders. I have one of their mid-length uppers on my Noveske lower, and it is great.

I would go with any of those rifles that lunker has on his list.

You'd have money left over for other things, like mags, light, sling, optics, training, and ammo.

I've never had an issue with maintenance/cleaning. It's not as finicky as some people make it out to be.

Especially if you stick with one of the quality companies and keep the damn thing lubed.