Njgunowner

Anti-gun converts

Does anyone else have this after the storm? Several people who thought owning a gun was one step worse than human sacrifice have been asking to borrow any "extra's" I might have until things get back to normal. It's amazing how people's attitudes change when it becomes a matter of protecting their families. A few have had people looking through their windows late at night wearing dark clothes with their faces covered so I don't blame them.

Who knows, maybe some good will come out of this storm after all.

A bit of History...

During the LA riots, even the anti-gunners decided it might be a good thing to get a firearm. Except in California there was a 15 day waiting period. How ironic....the anti-gunners wanted to get a firearm for protection but could not because of the very anti-gun laws that THEY were in favor of!

http://nrasbmc.blogspot.com/2012/05/los-angles-riots-1992-know-your-rights.html

This week marks the 20 year anniversary of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots. The riots lasted for 5 days. The nation and the world saw one of the largest cities in the United States fall into anarchy and chaos. There was no law enforcement or government to protect us because the scale of lawlessness expanded beyond their capability to provide services. Law abiding citizens in and near the riot area were caught in the crossfire. Over fifty people lost their lives.

It was an instant wake up call for many Los Angeles residents. Even those that were ardently anti-gun found themselves in their local gun store to purchase their first firearm only to be told by the staff that there was a 15 day waiting period. Too long of a wait if you are going to be a victim.

In the most poetic irony, it was the immigrant Korean community that understood this the best. They understood their Constitutional Right better than most Los Angeles residents. That is why the pictures of Korean shop owners with firearms defending lives and protecting their businesses became iconic. Lest we forgot, they were there to remind us.

koreanstoreownersla1992.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know if it converted anyone, but I did have a few neighbors ask me for ammo.

All of them were people who moved here with guns. Two of them I didn't even know owned guns. And I had invited these people shooting. As it turns out, in two of the three cases, the spouses of the gun owner didn't want ammo in the house with the gun.

The third person just never got his FID and couldn't buy ammo.

I don't know if it converted anyone, but I did have a few neighbors ask me for ammo.

All of them were people who moved here with guns. Two of them I didn't even know owned guns. And I had invited these people shooting. As it turns out, in two of the three cases, the spouses of the gun owner didn't want ammo in the house with the gun.

The third person just never got his FID and couldn't buy ammo.

That is the most retarded thing I have read today. That's like me buying a generator and my girlfriend saying "DON'T KEEP GAS THOUGH, YOU MIGHT BURN THE HOUSE DOWN."

That is the most retarded thing I have read today. That's like me buying a generator and my girlfriend saying "DON'T KEEP GAS THOUGH, YOU MIGHT BURN THE HOUSE DOWN."

You want to know something funny? My brother's spouse said exactly that. They live in a condo in Manuta. She refused to let him keep a can of gas at home because she was afraid that it would explode in a fire. The end result was I had two extra 5 gallon cans of gas in the storm. He didn't have enough time to get to my house and get the gas can.

I think in the cases of the two people who asked me for ammo, their spouses grudgingly let them keep their gun when they moved here from out-of-state with the condition that no ammo be kept with the gun. In both cases, they have kids and I suppose you will never have an accidental shooting if you don't have any ammo in the house.

No, it doesn't make sense to me, but you are also talking to a guy that uses .45 Caliber ammo boxes as bookends and his 9 year old to load magazines before a range trip.

The third guy moved here from Connecticut with a beautiful Colt Python, but he never got his FID because he never "had the time." Last week, he went to Dicks and thought that they would relax the FID requirement for ammo if he asked politely.

They didn't. I went to Dicks and bought him a box of .38 Special. Neighbors helping neighbors.

Does anyone else have this after the storm? Several people who thought owning a gun was one step worse than human sacrifice have been asking to borrow any "extra's" I might have until things get back to normal. It's amazing how people's attitudes change when it becomes a matter of protecting their families. A few have had people looking through their windows late at night wearing dark clothes with their faces covered so I don't blame them.

Who knows, maybe some good will come out of this storm after all.

Did you explain the process on how you could legally transfer a gun to them.

Did their heads spin when you told them they would have to wait 3-6 months to get their FID / and permit before you could transfer anything to them?.

Did you wish them good luck and ask them to give you a call when they have the proper paperwork?

You could have a field day with that request.

The wife insisted I have a loaded gun available close or on me during this last storm. I would lock it up when I left for work, or if I was going in the car somewhere. She's fine with guns around, as long as the kids can't get to them or the ammo, has no interest in shooting whatsoever. I did make her dry fire the revolver I keep handy. Said it was heavy

I put out a post on my facebook that I noticed a lot more people talking about how they wanted to get guns due to all this and that I would take any of the curious out to shoot so they could check it out. I also posted that I would help anyone wade thru the NJ Fpid process.

Hey the antis use tragedies to push their agendas, why can't we?

Did you explain the process on how you could legally transfer a gun to them.

Did their heads spin when you told them they would have to wait 3-6 months to get their FID / and permit before you could transfer anything to them?.

Did you wish them good luck and ask them to give you a call when they have the proper paperwork?

You could have a field day with that request.

I told them I didn't feel like committing a felony and that if they start right now, they should be able to buy a gun in about a month and half or 2 months.