brizbane

Help Me Choose the Perfect .45ACP Handgun

If you like to tinker, look at the HK USP45. You can go with DAO, Heavy LEM, Light LEM, DA/SA with decocker, all with or without a safety. Also, switching the variants around takes minutes, and parts to do it are cheap.

ETA: IMO the trigger on the HK will always be better than the glock.

I see some USPs on the list... but no love for the HK45/HK45c?

H&K makes some of the best hardware. I love my 45c.

Not a huge fan of the HK45/HK45C. The variants are more difficult to switch, and the trigger guard is less comfortable for me(at least for the HK45). I actually replaced my HK45 with a USP45f.

This topic was likely discussed a lot already, but I have some parameters that are important.

I recently got a Glock19 Gen4 that I really like and, by the way, this was my very first plastic gun in 30 years. I am very impressed by the lack of asthetics, no frills, just a plain working piece of machinery.

So, now that I have the 9mm Glock it is logical that I need one in .45 too. But as I was getting ready to order the Glock from Davidson's, I paused and decided to check into some of the other plastic .45s.

Of the top makers, (FNH, SW, XDM, Ruger,etc) does anyone have strong likes or dislikes about these? Comparisons to Glocks? Triggers? Reliability?

Any and all feedback, even if minor points, will be appreciated. Thanks.

I liked my G19 so much I bought a G21SF. Like you said, dependable "good working piece of machinery" all at a great price I didn't need to look any farther.

Lol..sell me yours cheap. I like Taurus guns

The fact is, the 1911 I got from them is a lemon, so I can only speak for my experiences. But a handgun that had less than 300 rounds through it that needs to have the extractor, sear, hammer and barrel replaced--all within 13 months of purchase--is what leads me to warn others off.

If it weren't for the fact that I dread going through the Bayonne PP process to get a replacement .45, I would sell it to you. Maybe once I'm in PA I'll put it on the block.

Go re-read. He doesn't want a safety so that leaves Glock and M&P. Out of those 2 Glock has a better stock trigger, as I had an M&P also. And I have yet to meet someone who has not recommended the apex trigger for the M&P. That being said, you can modify the Glock trigger to your liking.

I would bet anything he is talking about a lever safety like on a 1911, not a grip or trigger safety which are completely passive.

The fact is, the 1911 I got from them is a lemon, so I can only speak for my experiences. But a handgun that had less than 300 rounds through it that needs to have the extractor, sear, hammer and barrel replaced--all within 13 months of purchase--is what leads me to warn others off.

If it weren't for the fact that I dread going through the Bayonne PP process to get a replacement .45, I would sell it to you. Maybe once I'm in PA I'll put it on the block.

I absolutely love my taurus 1911 in .45. Never a hiccup. Everyone who shot it loved it as well. I know tony357 loves his in 38 super as well!

Had a XD Tactical 45 5"...excellent firearm, never a problem. Still own and will never part with my SA 1911 MC Operator, which is my favorite to shoot. Carry thru hell and back, Sig P220 SAS Compact. I can run 6 or 8 round mags. 15 rounds of 45 ACP on a belt is pretty heavy. FWIW - I have a G19C which is fun as hell to shoot and keep as my backup gun.