Vlad G

Dont leave your levergun magazine loaded

I'm not really worried about $5 of ammo.

Looking at the rounds from the same box, it seems to me like the bullets are seated quite high, the crimp only barely catches the crimp canelure. Combine that with the notoriously soft Federal rifle brass, and the spring pressure of a full mag and this is what happens. On the two badly set back rounds you can see the entire crimp has basically been rolled out, which i never really seen before on anything, but I suppose if the brass is really soft this is what you get with a year of spring pressure.

Was the gun carried at all ofter being loaded or just loaded and stuck in the rack/safe?

Also, just wated to say that if you have a .22 tub fed gun this isn't an issue becuase of the heeled design :) Saying this only becuase I keep my .22 loaded at all times to deal with those pesky critters that attack my trash.

Never seen that before. Those cases look to have a poor stab crimp on them though. Usually the crimp is more pronounced on factory ammo, and most that bite the cannelure stay put. I'd send them to Federal and ask "what's up?"