lunker

Deactivate Firearms For Display

Hi all,

Now that my new (to me) house has a fireplace and a few wooden pegs above the mantle, I am looking for a rifle to place above it. Unfortunately my wife never caught the shotgun bug, because that is what I would really like up there. She likes rifles, so that is what I am looking for. I am thinking an old lever gun would look cool. Maybe a black powder gun (I guess that one wouldn't have to be deactivated since no one is likely to steal it and commit crimes with it). Any suggestions where I might look locally? Anyone here have a wall hanger they are looking to get rid of?

IMA has some cool stuff, if I had your problem I'd get one of these just to spark conversation! LOL

http://www.ima-usa.c...isplay-gun.html

IMA gets twitchy about selling some of their stuff to NJ residents..remember even their "Display" guns are made with real parts (and the killer here)...Magazines. Plus they are HQ in NJ..so they are VERY wary about messing with NJ law.

I just bought an untouched M 1878 Martini-Henry rifle from Atlanta Cutlery. I figured that it would be a fun project to try to restore it. If I could get it operational that would be awesome. If not I would end up with a nice wall decoration. It came in last Tuesday, I never expected it to be in as great of a condition as it is. It's covered in a lot of dirt and grease from years of storage, and a little bit of pitting under the barrel in few spots, but otherwise it's almost perfect. Every thing functions smoothly as it should, and if I had ammo for it, I am sure it would shoot in it's current condition. (whether it was actually safe to do so is another question entirely. I plan on having a gun smith look it over before I would actually try to shoot it)

Something like this would be perfect for you since you are looking for a wall hanger. No matter what you get, once you clean it up it would make a nice wall hanger. If you get lucky you wind up with a rifle that you could actually use if you really wanted then that's a great surprise. Even if it is fully functional it still would make a great wall hanger since the ammo for it is both very rare and so expensive that your wife might kill you for buying ammo for it. (for the cost of a box of 20 rounds you costs buy yourself a new rifle.)